Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Great looking caps, think I will jump and get a linen one on order. Thanks for the pics it gives me a much better idea of the fullness.
You're very welcome! I've considered ordering one of their "Extra Full Cut" caps, but I like the way the Full Cut drapes and I think the Extra Full Cut might be a little too much for my tastes.

By the way, in my experience when you order online they make your cap "to order", so it might take one to two weeks before it ships.

...BTW Zombie this caps look fantastic...
Thank you, Sir! I like 'em, and they're perfect for those days when you want something more casual than a fedora but don't like baseball caps.

Colt3840

New in Town
Just to give you an idea here is an extra full on my "fat mug". You can see that in each case the hat took a different drape. I am thinking of getting the full cut on my next purchase, but with such a round face I may need to stay with the extra.

IMG_0821.JPG ATT_1448505704674_20151117_140357 (1).jpg

Just to give you an idea here is an extra full on my "fat mug". You can see that in each case the hat took a different drape. I am thinking of getting the full cut on my next purchase, but with such a round face I may need to stay with the extra.
I think the Full Cut would work just as well with the shape of your face, but the only way to really be sure would be to try one on.

And welcome to The Lounge! What part of Whittier do you call home?

Colt3840

New in Town
I think the Full Cut would work just as well with the shape of your face, but the only way to really be sure would be to try one on.

And welcome to The Lounge! What part of Whittier do you call home?

Thanks Zombie! I have it on my wish list for the upcoming year to try the full cut from them. I also need to give a HUGE shout out to B!wear, Brett there has been awesome! Great communication and product! I just bought a few caps from him last month and they have become my favorites.

These are based on his "Rocky" cut we decided on this cut after I sent a few pics of what I was looking for and I was not disappointed as I wanted the larger brim.

As to what part of Whittier I am in South Whittier.

B!Wear Cap.jpg IMG_0944.jpg IMG_0969.jpg . These are based on his "Rocky" cut we decided on this cut after I sent a few pics of what I was looking for and I was not disappointed as I wanted the larger brim.

Thanks Zombie! I have it on my wish list for the upcoming year to try the full cut from them. I also need to give a HUGE shout out to B!wear, Brett there has been awesome! Great communication and product! I just bought a few caps from him last month and they have become my favorites.

These are based on his "Rocky" cut we decided on this cut after I sent a few pics of what I was looking for and I was not disappointed as I wanted the larger brim.

As to what part of Whittier I am in South Whittier.

In every way, it works on you! :)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So just placed an order with Stew for a linen newsboy. Said he can make it to my size.
Has great reviews online and communication was great too. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

It gets hot here in Texas so this will be a great addition to my hats since it will get used.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/227059864/bespoke-linen-bakerboynewsboyflat-cap

View attachment 42345
Hi, Luis,
I was just wondering if you went for the William Morris lining. That was one of the factors that got me interested in Stew's caps, as I've been doing a lot of research on Morris lately for a class I'm teaching. He was one of the most influential and interesting of the great Victorian and Edwardian artists. And besides that, I can wear the cap and keep the rain off. Hope everything works out. What kind of sweatband did you go for?

Hi, Luis,
I was just wondering if you went for the William Morris lining. That was one of the factors that got me interested in Stew's caps, as I've been doing a lot of research on Morris lately for a class I'm teaching. He was one of the most influential and interesting of the great Victorian and Edwardian artists. And besides that, I can wear the cap and keep the rain off. Hope everything works out. What kind of sweatband did you go for?

I received a linen from Stew at Amicharnel. I find it too heavy and full to be a hot weather hat. It is the same construction as his tweeds (without the rain resistant liner) and the same full cut and I think too heavy. His tweed caps are outstanding, great material, well made. I opted for the leather sweat, rain resistant liner, one has his standard lining and the other a special Fraser tartan so can't speak to the WmMorris lining.
I have an inquiry into Celtic Tweed on Etsy to see if he will make one in Linen. Stew's caps are quite full with enough excess material to get it to flop almost to the ear. Celtic Tweed is a less full cut and think it would work well in linen and his pricing is very good for the quality he supplies.

Luis

One of the Regulars
Hi, Luis,

we were going to go for a loose cotton lining. I actually wanted no lining but he insisted on putting one on, im guessing to hold the caps shape????
I just placed it and sent him an email to confirm he got my payment. maybe I can get a bemberg lining? Just waiting on his reply. I asked him to just go for regular sweatband, not leather.

Luis

One of the Regulars
What is the best breathable lining I can get on this cap, its gonna be for the hot summers of Texas.

Colt3840

New in Town
BiWear caps look great and probably my next tweed will be from him but the Linen ones are just too full for me to wear in hot weather.

I can only comment on the cut that is on his site as "Rocky" take a look at his gallery it may give you a better idea. I would also email Brett and let him know what you are looking for as I am almost sure he can provide you some better insight he will get back to you fairly quick.

Thanks Zombie! I have it on my wish list for the upcoming year to try the full cut from them. I also need to give a HUGE shout out to B!wear, Brett there has been awesome! Great communication and product! I just bought a few caps from him last month and they have become my favorites...
Based on those photos, I'd guess Hat People's Full Cut will drape similarly to your B!Wear caps. I've been hesitant to order from B!Wear because I don't care for the narrow brim they favor, but I've since seen quite a few of their caps with what I consider to be a "normal" width brim for a flat cap, so I might have to reconsider.

...As to what part of Whittier I am in South Whittier...
West Whittier here, about a mile south of the southernmost part of Rose Hills Cemetery. :D

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What is the best breathable lining I can get on this cap, its gonna be for the hot summers of Texas.
The cotton lining is very light. Stew also has an option for a plastic inner lining, but I don't think you'll be wanting that in Texas. I sent you a PM about the lining and about Morris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner