Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Adnamira

A-List Customer
It works!
Great looking cap!!

Thanks. Pendleton wool is great stuff, and the shirt weight works well in a cap - it folds over the brim better than the thicker wools, sits well and doesn't wrinkle like similar weight fabrics like cotton or linen - but I am a bit scared of plaid as I find combining colours and articles challenging at the best of times.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Colorful Connemara Cap from Millars

P1040036.JPG
P1040037.JPG

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Bela ( hepville ) made me this great Cap! Fantastic Work Bela and thanks for the fast work and shipping!
It fits perfect and looks really sharp. I think its the first Cap with leather sweatband. The fabric falls really good!
Some shots!

hepvillecap.jpg

hepvillecap2.jpg

hepvillecap1.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, thanks for the nice comment!
Its my first with leather sweatband! I have actually 12 caps, most Stetson and one Borsalino. All of them has a fabric sweatband!

upps and this is my 1000s contribution here!

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Ralf Reynolds has uploaded some nice cotton houndstooth and stripe caps that would be good for summer on his ebay store. A newsboy cap that can be shady, cool and comfortable in summer is a pretty big deal... I like how the Zasu Caps still have a good profile inspite of their size combined with light weight fabrics - I think it has a lot to do with how the lining is made. I don't mind the dingleberry; though, having owned a City Sport now, I'd be a bit fussy about the way bolder plaids line up and probably wouldn't buy one of those. That houndstooth cotton is really nice I reckon though.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-...-/251016332974?pt=US_Hats&hash=item3a71bd46ae

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-...-/260978007973?pt=US_Hats&hash=item3cc3805fa5

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Adnamira, the caps looks really good! Nice fabrics!
Your Hepville cap looks great. It suits you. I notice he does his lining in an eight panel like Ralf does - it's definitely the best way to do a lining for a eight panel cap.

Ralf Reynolds churns out a lot of caps for one man on a 1930s sowing machine. I can say after owning four of them that they are very well made and stitched. They have got an ideosynchratic style to them, but I have found all the caps I've recieved from him look exactly like the photos he takes of them, except they are bigger caps than you expect - crown is 11 inches wide by 11.5 inches long and brim is 2 3/4 inches long by 8 inches wide. The Dingleberry tends to be more dingley on the lighter fabric caps, but Geez you could put up with that on a hot summer day and the fact that these caps have a pretty good shape to them inspite of their size.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
It's interesting how this thread was so dominated by Hat People and B!wear to start with and now it's progressed to Hepville, Retro Sport and Mr Freedom. I enjoy the different styles and makes of caps. There is something for everyone, from the Retrosexual to the Rustics, from the Dandies to the Bogans. It's always been that way with caps I think.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
@Manfred: Hah, now it´s partnerlook for us! ;) Looks very sharp on you. :eusa_clap

Meanwhile a second Hepville-cap arrived and now I am even more enthusiastic about them and Belas work.
As luck has it, the mailman even had a second parcel for me which contained a very nice Donegal Tweed cap.

Of course I´ll be back with some pictures and more details ASAP. :D

My name is Frank and I am addicted... :eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart