Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Decided to go with a curved bill on my linen cap, i think it goes well with the way I wear my cap
02c67b7d893c315abf6cabeb7de8b800.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Curved Bill / Visor

Decided to go with a curved bill on my linen cap, i think it goes well with the way I wear my cap
02c67b7d893c315abf6cabeb7de8b800.jpg

Excellent look Pinesiw...The curved bill is definitely a good look for you my friend...I've seen old movies and pictures of the era where the bills on Newsboy caps and Flat caps were curved that way...That's the only way, (IMO), to wear a cap...That's the way I wear my caps too...

citysportbcropped.jpg

That's a very nice looking Simonds BR...You definitely do it justice.

highway66blues

One of the Regulars

Atta' boy, cock that cap ! That is a Slick Look for Ya and INDEED the way to be worn
That's a fold.
Yup, lotsa pics & flicks show 'em worn with a fold. They'd get folded and/or rolled and tucked in a pocket when ya didn't wanna wear it but ya had it when ya wanted to put it back on.

Last edited:

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Excellent look Pinesiw...The curved bill is definitely a good look for you my friend...I've seen old movies and pictures of the era where the bills on Newsboy caps and Flat caps were curved that way...That's the only way, (IMO), to wear a cap...That's the way I wear my caps too...

citysportbcropped.jpg

That's a very nice looking Simonds BR...You definitely do it justice.
Is that a jaxon cap TJ? Ive had bad experiences with modern caps, yours looks great. Ive never purchased one of those tho

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Jaxon Cap

Is that a jaxon cap TJ? Ive had bad experiences with modern caps, yours looks great. Ive never purchased one of those tho
The one I'm wearing is a City Sport. I'm wearing a Jaxon in my avatar pic though. Jaxon's not too bad for a budget priced cap, (and Jaxon recently came out with their Italian made line of caps). The Jaxon I'm wearing in my avatar came with some kind of cardboard material around the snap inside of the hat. I cut that away and I was able to move hat material around and expose the brim for a more vintage look...the Jaxon cost me around $16 and I like it better than some $60 Stetson caps I bought. I'd definitely buy another Jaxon. The City Sport is also a real nice quality cap made in Belgium for around $70 or so...It's definitely (IMO) equal in quality to a Wigens for a lot less money...

Here's my $16 Jaxon...
jaxon01redo.jpg

Last edited:

Leamas

New in Town
Simonds Cap

New cap just acquired from Barry. He tweaked his 9" pattern for me to make it closer fitting, esp. with respect to the sides of the head. Cap is made from a very soft grey and black wool herringbone. Love the cap. Pictures may not be the best b/c they were taken with an I-Phone, but I think they give a good representation of color and fit.

Best,

Leamas

068_zpse5cd4c74.jpg

066_zps511ac436.jpg

069_zpsc7397bc3.jpg

065_zps3c48b571.jpg

064_zps7ed2f8bb.jpg

DiamondDave

Vendor
Gents,

2 New Flighter designs. It has been a LONG time since we updated the Flighter Line, so here is a sneak peek of the new versions. At left, is our new Tropical Wool topper with khaki mohair band and a more "peanut" colored brim, strap set and integral cavalry strap! At right is our newest economy version for summer 2013. This one features 100% Cotton topper, matching mohair band and a more red russet leather set.

Both of these are in my size and as such I will be keeping them!!

1048634_388536447912940_682505470_o.jpg

1026036_388536471246271_2063586310_o.jpg

Simonds

Vendor
Jeff the cap looks great on you! I agree with Ed, pictures look fine.

DD cool cap, Tell me fellow "vendor" how are you able to post the caps here anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR