Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Crafty Art of Art Fawcett!

colinlyne

New in Town
I am now the proud owner of "one of Art's!" I took the plunge, and decided to go for it, and now it sits currently displayed in my study. I have also been in discussion with Art regarding a couple of matters, and his replies have made me respect the man even more. A true artist who knows his work, and although expensive, you get what you pay for! It has always been a fact that to get the best one must pay for it, and this hat of mine, proves the point. Unfortunately, I won't be back to soon, as I have to save up again for the next! Thanks Art, you've done a magnificent job and so polite with it too!

Colin Lyne

colinlyne

New in Town
BellyTank said:
Congratulations.
But I do think Art's prices are very reasonable, for custom hat work.
In the Hat World, prices range from cheap to ridiculous.

B
T

I agree they are very reasonable, and certainly not ridiculous. It just takes a little more thinking about than a "Christy". Cost aside, a lovely job!

colinlyne said:
... A true artist who knows his work, and although expensive, you get what you pay for! It has always been a fact that to get the best one must pay for it, and this hat of mine, proves the point ...

Colin Lyne

Congratulations, Colin. Now you're spoiled. A high-quality custom sure makes the lesser stuff seem, well, lesser, eh?

To echo BT, Art's prices compare quite favorably with what other custom makers charge. If anyone offers a better value, I've yet to see it. And some, as BT observed, charge ridiculous amounts.

tortswon

Practically Family
Lucky Guy

Colin, let's see the noggin' shot!

Getting one's first Art hat is a marvelous experience. The attention paid to detail, the customer service, the quality of the felt, and every other aspect of the experience screams quality. I look forward to seeing your new hat! Congratulations! Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou