Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
That is truly one of the absolutely worst movies I've ever seen:rage: I actually considered leaving the cinema, which I never have even thought of in any other movie.. God, it's awful!

I kept a stiff upper lip though..I pay, I stay:D

irb

Familiar Face
RIOT said:
...and who's the genius who casted Keanu Reeves for the part of Klaatu? [huh]

Well if you ask me, your question has five too many words in it. Although I do think his playing an emotionless robot suited him well to the Matrix.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I dont think hes a bad movie star, but his is no actor.

I dont think he will have the range.
We all remember Much Ado About Nothing :eusa_doh:

LD

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
I'm on the fence !

Luke 42 said:
That is truly one of the absolutely worst movies I've ever seen:rage: I actually considered leaving the cinema, which I never have even thought of in any other movie.. God, it's awful!

I kept a stiff upper lip though..I pay, I stay:D

I watched this movie recently and with an open mind. Remaking a classic movie ( which, lets be honest, is what the original is ! ) is no mean undertaking for any film maker - I mean, do you attempt to bring it 'up to date'? which is what has happened in this case, or do you keep it in its original era and produce a 'period' film ? In either case you have a tough job on your hands ! Lovers of the original are almost guaranteed to be disappointed really. I have to say it fell well short of my hopes and expectations but I wouldn't say it was the worst film I've ever watched by a long way ! The special effects were quite good and contrary to many peoples view that Mr Reeves' acting was 'wooden', I think an alien being would very probably be emotionless and deadpan ! he was no doubt chosen for that very reason ! LOL

I'll be generous and give it 5 out of 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner