Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Decaying Evolution of Education...

Harp

I'll Lock Up
...and Ted Williams for his disciplined mastery of the strike zone.:D
...also Moe Berg, a fellow Red Sox for his mastery of languages and poetry. He could recite Poe, a raven.:D

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
...and another nod to Leo Durocher-Chicago Cubs manager-advocate of physical and psychological intimidation of the opponent team.:cool:

That's okay for the pro leagues, and it can certainly be entertaining. But in college level sport, where student players really can't strike back, it's the indication of a bully and a thug. The names Wayne Woodrow Hayes and Robert Knight come to mind in that regard.

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
That's okay for the pro leagues, and it can certainly be entertaining. But in college level sport, where student players really can't strike back, it's the indication of a bully and a thug. The names Wayne Woodrow Hayes and Robert Knight come to mind in that regard.

Of course, nolo contendere. But Leo Durocher made a Munsters cameo appearance.:cool: Hayes just threw a left cross:eek: and Knight tossed a chair.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui