Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Devil In the White City

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Has anyone read this? Great book about the 1893 world's fair and a serial killer. There's supposed to be a movie being made about it, with Leonardo DiCaprio as H.H. Holmes (the serial killer), and also the director. Should make for a great movie, it was a great read.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Has anyone read this? Great book about the 1893 world's fair and a serial killer. There's supposed to be a movie being made about it, with Leonardo DiCaprio as H.H. Holmes (the serial killer), and also the director. Should make for a great movie, it was a great read.

I enjoyed the book enormously. I hope the film does it justice.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Dicaprio was able to pull off Gangs Of New York. He should be able to do this also. I just hope they stick with the plot of the book. Larson's novels have been pretty good. I particularly liked Isaac's Storm.

Espee

Practically Family
I read it several years ago. The only word I can come up with for Holmes is "diabolical." Or "psychopathic"... whatever-works-to-my-benefit.
At the time I was hoping it would be made into a film.
I've never seen a Leo movie. Celine Dion still keeps me away from Titanic. (Maybe someone could do a modified version, with samples of Ian Whitcomb's Titanic CD over all Celine's contributions?)
And I could only say "Ohhhh come onnnnnnn...." to the idea of Leo as Howard Hughes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart