Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The devolution of our society through fashion in just two pictures.

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
I found this on Facebook and had to share.
315839_1573919323364_1697002999_860372_272161265_n.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Shocking!

I see less of people dressed like that than I do in badly tailored "business casual." I would gladly overlook every Mr. Wardrobe Malfunction in the world for people who wore properly fitting business clothing.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I honestly thought it would be the photo of Carey Grant Versus that fool who calls himself the situation on Jersery Shore.

That is a smashing suit the fella has on. But the trousers look awful tapered for the 1940s, they almost look how I prefer them. I know the photo is accurate but it just reminds me that a some folk went against the grain just a touch.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
That looks mid-late '30s to me. But the '30s are prehistoric for modern folks, so the date needs to change.

Then there's the unalikeness of the 2 subjects in every possible way, except probably "male" and "urban."

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Right.
The above picture was done for comedic effect, the person in the red shirt actually dressed himself that way to go out into public...

O2BSwank

One of the Regulars
To be fair I have noticed that my son, age 23, and other young men are starting to dress up for certain occasions. And these occasions revolve around their peers. I think that a part of this is a rebellion of his dad's generations excessive casualness. I was mocked by my children for running around in old shorts and t shirts. It really wasn't that bad, mostly jeans and t shirts. ( I wear a uniform in my line of work, so I'm always properly dressed on the job.). So for the last year I have made the conscious decision to dress to much higher standard and set an example.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
In my area, they usually use one hand to hold their pants partially up....But I do love the photo

That happens around my town also, but one hand is kinda holding up their pants and the other hand is up picking their nose or scratching themselves in some very odd places.....lol!

We have the same problem here. It just makes me incredibly sad to think that anybody could consider dressing like THAT to be acceptable for anything.

That happens around my town also, but one hand is kinda holding up their pants and the other hand is up picking their nose or scratching themselves in some very odd places.....lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
We have the same problem here. It just makes me incredibly sad to think that anybody could consider dressing like THAT to be acceptable for anything.

Yes and at times when someone is wearing their pants half down and they are in a line at the store standing in front of me, I will try to "accidentally" drop something down inside the back of their pants and make them go into a panic! lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner