Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Just needed to show off my latest Diamond conversion...
IMG_4910.JPG
To:
IMG_4937.JPG
IMG_4936.JPG

Fed

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Thanks for all of the kind remarks.

Really just applying what our fellow FL members have shared in various posts. It takes a bit of work, but it can be done.

As to brim trim - I am looking at doing some edge work on a hat pretty soon. A replacement band might also happen as I am a middle size ribbon fan.

Fed

That, to my eyes, is hat perfection.

Out of interest what kind of price would such a hat command on Ebay?

If the hat looks as good inside as out I'm sure it would go north of $100 US. Some of the prices for hats now have escalated significantly since I started buying on Ebay. Much desired Strats, Whippets and the like are easily in the $200s and one seller lists most of his over $250-$300. Occasionally you can find an off-brand very nice hat for a bargain. I've pretty much stopped buying as my closet is full, although I may opt for a custom every year or so.

Knox 100 should bring well over $100 if the right size. For me, a 100 by most vendors is on par with 100% beaver custom if in decent shape. Whether you get knowledgeable buyers for that size on your listing is a crap shoot...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner