Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Disney Diner

mrshanno

New in Town
jamespowers said:
I suppose they liked them a lot in 1953:D :

g831.jpg

It was not only common for their offerings then but many companies offered them in the 1950s on their shorter brimmed hats. Same as the 1930s hats that had them--except with wider brims:
stetson1939.jpg

Anyone know what the very bottom hat in the disney hat ad is?

tortswon

Practically Family
Application for membership

I just purchased these two hats from an estate. Both are size 7 3/4 Disneys. The lighter colored one is actually taupe with a dark brown rear bow and is a Disney 15. The darker one is black with a black side bow and is a Disney 20. I will post photos with me under the hats when they arrive. Neither has ever been worn.

DisneyBlackbluefeatherinside.jpg

DisneyBlackwithBluefull.jpg

DisneyBlackwithblueclose.jpg

BrownDisney3.jpg

BrownDisney2.jpg

BrownDisney.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Very nice hats. I love the backbow one, how, at least in the picture, the brim seems to curl much more at the back than the front.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations on two very nice Disneys in our size. Can't wait to see pictures when they arrive. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
And now for something completely different.

This new Disney is unbelievably light! Even lighter than my Stetson Zephyr Weight Week-Ender.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I don't know what the history of hat is but it has never been worn! I'm wondering if it's a sales sample????

tortswon

Practically Family
New Disney

Very attractive hat, GWD. Art told me that back in the day, Disneys were viewed as the most stylish hats. Enjoy your find! Best, Sam

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GWD said:
This new Disney is unbelievably light! Even lighter than my Stetson Zephyr Weight Week-Ender

I don't know what the history of hat is but it has never been worn! I'm wondering if it's a sales sample????

You have a beauty there GWD! If you ever grow tired of that hat keep me in mind pleeeeeez. One more hat I now covet.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
tortswon said:
I just purchased these two hats from an estate. Both are size 7 3/4 Disneys. The lighter colored one is actually taupe with a dark brown rear bow and is a Disney 15. The darker one is black with a black side bow and is a Disney 20. I will post photos with me under the hats when they arrive. Neither has ever been worn.

DisneyBlackbluefeatherinside.jpg

DisneyBlackwithBluefull.jpg

DisneyBlackwithblueclose.jpg

BrownDisney3.jpg

BrownDisney2.jpg

BrownDisney.jpg

That first one still has the original size tag? Like it is NOS?

Sargon

Familiar Face
My Disney

Looking around on this thread it seems that this is probably the most reproduced Disney hat around. But for slight differences I'd have thought maybe this hat used to belong to Gene. It is a Disney 40 with a Cav edge very thin felt and the popular shark gill ribbon treatment. It looks like it used to have a wind trolley but it is now missing.
DSCF1434.jpg

DSCF1429.jpg

DSCF1432.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here's my Disney Milan. The sweatband was a shrivelled mess and was replaced by Jimmy Pierce with a generic black leather band.
3323196692_370d2dee73_m.jpg
3322365501_d5bc1303ed_m.jpg
3323196692_370d2dee73_m.jpg
3309519231_0aa5a22039_m.jpg

RickH

New in Town
My Disney

My grandfather left me this one - nice and warm!

(and I love that Milan, Carter. Looks great with the sunglasses and Hawaiian shirt!!)

cbomb2

dlwm5l

Jabos

A-List Customer
scotrace said:
That's a dream hat indeed!

Ht2.jpg

Has anyone made a clone of this beaut since posted two years ago? Could it be done? Could Art do it? Was it light grey or light tan?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana