Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Disney Diner

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've added it to the pinned Important Threads thread now, so maybe more folks will know it's here. Disney made fine hats.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
My Disney Viceroy

disney2a.jpg
[/IMG]
disney1a.jpg
[/IMG]
:D :D :D
It's a lovely moss green...

Jeepers, Alan, I gotta love both of those. Looks like the thrift store special (do tell, how much did it cost you?) got a good cleaning and blocking and a new ribbon and sweatband, eh? I happen to own one much like it, but it's a brown body with a burnt-orange edge binding and band ribbon. And it's a quite faded beater of a thing. But I dig wearing it anyway. It comes out for those days when I'm expecting to see the heavy precipitation.

And that 4-ligne (or so it appears in the photo, anyway) looks to be a real honey. A lightweight, I'm guessing. It looks to be just a cut or three above the competition's offerings. But that figures, seeing how Disneys were, in general, superior hats.

AlanC

^Thanks, Tony. The brown Disney cost me about $5 at the thrift store, although Art's work was a little more. It was well worth it, though. It's one of my favorite hats so final cost was still a bargain. He gave it the full treatment.

The thin ribbon was a lucky find on ebay. I was able to snag it for less than I should have. Here's hoping it fits. Or can be made to. I think it's just gorgeous.

AlanC

For reference in this thread, but--alas!--I must resell as this one is too small for me. But it's a beauty.

It came with the original sales tag with specs, very nice. Of course, had the original seller noted all of that I could have avoided all of this. Still, it's fun to have it.

Note the WW2 era 'Ceiling Price' on the tag a la johnnyphi's Schobles, so early to mid 1940s for this one. A bit confusing on size, as the tag says 6 7/8 but the interior 7.

(with flash)
p1012742qj8.jpg

(no flash)
p1012744zp2.jpg

p1012747ob9.jpg

p1012746km0.jpg

p1012754hd4.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
Mister Disney

My "Mr. Disney" arrived on Saturday. WOW! What a gorgeous hat. It appears to have very little if any wear. Practically NOS! Although, it will most likely need to be blocked as it seems the crown has shrunk a bit. [huh] It has a 2 3/8" brim with a cool overwelt treatment and the original $10 price tag still under the sweatband. Any guesses for the age at that price? Amazing felt, too! Very dense yet soft. This will be a warm winter hat for sure. Here are some crappy webcam photos...

324444082.jpg

324444079.jpg

324444080.jpg

324496456.jpg

324496454.jpg

324496452.jpg

324496450.jpg

324493694.jpg

Marcus Brody

Familiar Face
I've posted this hat in its own post a while back, but I figured I'd add it to this collection as well for reference.

Couple months ago, I got this more or less pristine dark brown Disney Twenty, size 6 7/8. Not only was it a Twenty, but it even has its own Cavanagh edge thing going with no stitching, and even a wind cord. I love the dimensions too. A 2 7/8" brim, 1 3/4" ribbon, and 5 1/2" open crowned. It also came with its box as well!

disney20original.jpg

It looks dirty in this pic, but when I received it it looked extremely clean.

disney20.jpg

disney20side.jpg

Not sure what you call this type of bow. Honestly I'd prefer a regular double bow though.

disney20box.JPG

disney20front.jpg

disney20liner.JPG

disney20sweat.JPG

disney20logo.jpg

disney20details.JPG

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Now that is one nice looking hat !! . With that pleated bow, it loooks to be from the early 1940's. You are lucky that you have a small head. Us big sizes have a hard time finding nice vintage hats to wear on OFAS.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Marcus Brody

Familiar Face
Yeah, definitely lucky to have my head. Although that one's a 6 7/8 I am able to wear hats from 6 3/4 to 7 1/8, mostly because most hats don't actually properly fit my round oval head. I'm actually a size 7 round oval otherwise, but I've never had such a hat. I'm also just a good hunter, I've gotten size 7 and a 7 1/8 hat at crazy good prices before.

Marcus Brody

Familiar Face
Haha, doh!!! I can't believe I did that. I guess I just wrote down what I literally saw and I just happened to be looking at the markings on the ruler in eighths and it didn't cross my mind that 1 6/8 is 1 3/4. It's all the same anyways. :p

bolthead

Hey Guys.....

Mines the same.
....as far as the ribbon treatment goes, same pleated bow, wind trolley, 1 6/8" ribbon also :D

Viper, mine looks to have a true Cav edge though, I can't see any stitching at all, but that's just my feeble eyes. [huh]

Sorry 'bout the shaky pic, it was a quickie right out of the box.
Disney2004.jpg

Here's a close up of the Brim....
Disney2001.jpg
Disney2003.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy