Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dobbs Diner...

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman said:
IMG_3325.jpg

Currently, my only Dobbs.

That is one swell hat! I couldn't have just one Dobbs, though. lol

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've found that the older, wide brimmed ones are pretty hard to find. Lots of stingy ones out there, though.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
Oh boy, my Dobbs collection is second only to my Stetson collection. Here are my two favorites, though. One is a brown Homburg that was sold by Higbee's in Cleveland, of "A Christmas Story fame:

DobbsHomburg06.jpg

A Higbee's Dobbs! Very cool Tony! Now that is a treasure to have.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS

Dinerman that is one of the finest hats I have seen.
Thanks Dan, It is very light and airy.
Alan, yes there is a vented crown
DSCN4962.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Here's a reprise of the Dobbs Gay Blade:

aRP5671.jpg

aProfile5668.jpg

aRwall5650.jpg

I really love this hat. Looks great with casual attire or more formal duds, and the felt feels smooth and substantial. I notice that Optimo has a model called the "Mitchum" fedora that is somewhat reminiscent of this style, as well. This is my only Dobbs lid, but judging by the lids posted on this thread, it's clear that Dobbs made great quality hats.

Cheers,
JtL

bolthead

jimmy the lid said:
Here's a reprise of the Dobbs Gay Blade:

aRP5671.jpg

aProfile5668.jpg

aRwall5650.jpg

I really love this hat. Looks great with casual attire or more formal duds, and the felt feels smooth and substantial. I notice that Optimo has a model called the "Mitchum" fedora that is somewhat reminiscent of this style, as well. This is my only Dobbs lid, but judging by the lids posted on this thread, it's clear that Dobbs made great quality hats.

Cheers,
JtL
Is that the true color? It's amazing, I love the bash/pinch as well.....very nice lid.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
Is that the true color? It's amazing, I love the bash/pinch as well.....very nice lid.

Thanks, Razzman and Bolthead. And, yes, the photos do show the true color of this lid.

Cheers,
JtL

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Here is my submission. One of the two that I own. The felt is very smooth and quite light for being such a large hat. The brim is a bit too wide for my liking. This one will probably stay in my collection as a showpiece. The ribbon and bound edge are a lovely shade of light purple.

Dobbs Fifteen

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
GoneSolo said:
Jimmy, the brim is 3 inches wide.

Oh and by the way, how in the heck do you bash your hats so perfectly????:eek:

Wow, that IS a pretty wide brim on that style of hat.

As far as the bashing goes, I do have a system that I use that seems to do the trick. Having plenty of patience also helps!:)

Cheers,
JtL

duggap

Banned
Jimmy the Lid

Man, I sure wish you would post a thread on how you bash your hats. That is some of the very best I have ever witnessed. Maybe, for a small fee, we can start sending our hats to you for bashing.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot