Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dobbs Diner...

guitarmasta12

A-List Customer
Just got my Dobbs Rainbow today. It's a very interesting grey color. By far the best Dobbs hat I have bought so far. The Brim is exactly 2". I believe it's from 1954 to 1957...somewhere around there. The size label has the crown depth in it as 4. According to a the dobbs dating guide on here, that would be a 50's size label. And I'm talking about the one behind the sweat.

Dobbs Rainbow.jpg

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
Badass ribbon

Just got my Dobbs Rainbow today. It's a very interesting grey color. By far the best Dobbs hat I have bought so far. The Brim is exactly 2". I believe it's from 1954 to 1957...somewhere around there. The size label has the crown depth in it as 4. According to a the dobbs dating guide on here, that would be a 50's size label. And I'm talking about the one behind the sweat.

View attachment 24157

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
First I've heard of it. Had to go looking for it, and this is as much as I now know about it: http://www.starkandlegum.net/dobbs-lincoln.aspx

Are they really using Xs on Dobbs hats now? That's a crying shame.

Thx Brad. I saw it on their site. Doin research for a friend whose considering buying. Dont know where they got the X's from. According to Jeff at Delmonico the hat hasn't been in production for at least 3 yrs. Unless it was a special run for some one. XXX's are abt as accurate as some of the Panama grading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner