Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dusty Pink parade

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I`ve heard a rumor that a certain lounge member has turned pink and ordered a dusty pink from Art. I`m preparing a new thread for all past and future dusty pinks. I wonder if he will reveal himself before or after the receipt of his new dusty pink...!!?? :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) lol

NikonApril2009002.jpg

Jabos

A-List Customer
I'll come out of the shadows and admit I am going pink (not pinko though!). I figured the other Lounge members were tired of seeing Dguy post a pic of the dusty pink and then see me go on and on about how georgous it is. I decided to go for it. I kept putting it out of my mind but then he would post another pic and those old feelings would come back. That last springtime "centerfold" shot finally put me over the top (who could resist?). Mine will have a 2 5/8th brim and the binding will be up to Art (underwelt I think he will go with).

So Dguy, with all the societies on the FL, should we form the exclusive Dusty Pink Society?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
My post was tongue in cheek...I hope you don`t mind revealing yourself! lol Yes, we will become the most exclusive society! Not everyones taste, but that makes it more exclusive. It was my very first VS, which makes it very special. Another one hit the International post office today...keep a watch in the next few days or weekend!

Jabos

A-List Customer
Art advised the hat should be in the mail Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person, but I don't have the skill to make such a pretty photo as you did D-guy. Neighbor has pink rose bushes so I'll try to do something with that. Perhaps a pic of it on my wife near the rose bushes? Don't know.

D-guy-is it just the two of us that love the color combo of that ribbon and felt? Did Art come up with the colors or was it your idea?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
D-guy-is it just the two of us that love the color combo of that ribbon and felt? Did Art come up with the colors or was it your idea?

Looking forward to it Jabos! Don`t worry about the setting - Art`s hats look good anywhere, but sounds like a good idea. Was not my original idea, but I think Art got the message I wanted something different. I remember seeing a `dusty rose` on the Art thread...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=13616&page=11

and I think (but may be wrong) AlanC had something similar...

Anyways, post your pic soon!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
You wore me down D. No Dusty Pink for me, but more along the lines of a Dusty Orange. We'll see what Arts does with it. The natural body is just one of the colors that has to be in my collection

PseudoGent

New in Town
daizawaguy said:
I`ve heard a rumor that a certain lounge member has turned pink and ordered a dusty pink from Art. I`m preparing a new thread for all past and future dusty pinks. I wonder if he will reveal himself before or after the receipt of his new dusty pink...!!?? :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) lol

NikonApril2009002.jpg

Dusty pink.

WOW.
To be honest, it seems like it'd be an amazing hat colour for what is an amazing hat and rather obviously a brave wearer. It's an individual, standing out from the greys and browns (which I have nothing against and indeed, wear) without being eccentric or foppish, thanks to the subtlety of tone. Good for the man who considers himself a resplendant dresser, as long as he's got the confidence. Congrats on your brave choices, Dguy, Jabos and whoever else seeks membership within the Elite Fellowship of the Dusty Pink, I salute you all!

Jabos

A-List Customer
handlebar bart said:
You wore me down D. No Dusty Pink for me, but more along the lines of a Dusty Orange. We'll see what Arts does with it. The natural body is just one of the colors that has to be in my collection
Should we expand the scope of the club and rename it? The Dusty Parade? Does the "Dusty" refer to the pink part of the equation or the natural part? Like Art said, the light pink is just an accent color. Oh well, I don't know but I'd like to induct you into the club-whatever it is.

I've got it. Lets call it "The Natural Body parade". Sort of nudist/exotic overtones that will capture attention. :)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
Does the "Dusty" refer to the pink part of the equation or the natural part? Like Art said, the light pink is just an accent color.

No having second thoughts now..."Dusty pink" refers to the main accent - Pink!

Jabos

A-List Customer
Okay, okay. I'm all in on Dusty Pink. Fletch, perhaps it is the WW2 "pinks" that subconsciously is drawing me to this hat. I'll post for fun a pic of it with my grandfather's "pinks n greens".

The hat is in transit!!!!!! Now time to hurry home from work every day to check the doorstep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy