Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Elephant in the Room - Man Purse

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
A

This, however, may just be overkill:

large_s302.3-thumb.jpg

I once knew a lady who came from Duluth, got bit by a dog with a rabid tooth.

B
T

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Pocka buh

Look, men do not carry bags around unless they need something to haul their work tools around in. Men use pockets for ALL their sundries and if they have a book or something then they carry that in their hands. Men always need to be prepared to STRIKE unencumbered. The women folk can then follow thru with their big bags of stuff.

m

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
clevispin said:
Look, men do not carry bags around unless they need something to haul their work tools around in. Men use pockets for ALL their sundries and if they have a book or something then they carry that in their hands. Men always need to be prepared to STRIKE unencumbered. The women folk can then follow thru with their big bags of stuff.

m

With which we use to STRIKE you with, when you call us women folk.....:eek:

Denise...who is not anyone's pack mule.

Byrne Sherwood

Familiar Face
I went through a period when I needed to carry too much to fit comfortably in my pockets, but not enough to warrant carrying a large satchel. I got a nice leather bag, "purse" if you will, from Eddie Bauer. The shape and details were manly enough and I usually wore it cross-wise, as courier bags are carried. I caught some flak from friends who called it a "European clutch," but I also got favorable comments from folks more mature than my friends. These days, I find that a sport coat can usually accomodate whatever I might need to carry. My dad favors safari-type vests as his carry-all. Personally, I think whatever a person finds practical is appropriate. I'd rather see a man carrying a tasteful "purse" than wearing a backpack with a suit.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
This is what I use, sturdy and retro. A little more than $145 from Retrodelic. They also have some nicer, more finished looking bags too. And it has a strap so I can old my java in one mitt and my keys in the other.
larikai_1.jpg

I usually need to carry as a minimum my sketchbooks, pens, notepads, cds (remember those), and my calender, sometimes more.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Salv said:
For a while in the 80s I carried one of these around when I wasn't at my white-collar job. I dressed like a 1950s blue-collar worker, Lee carpenter jeans, chambray shirt, leather jacket, Redwing boots and...
lunchboxshop_1893_7957521

That is really cool.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Byrne Sherwood said:
Personally, I think whatever a person finds practical is appropriate. I'd rather see a man carrying a tasteful "purse" than wearing a backpack with a suit.

I agree, and I wish I could carry all my stuff in a purse, but my lunch alone wouldn't fit. I don't want to carry three separate bags, as I see so many women do. Carrying one big bag would, I'm afraid, give me a relapse of pinched nerves in my neck. So I carry it in a tasteful leather and canvas backpack which, unfortunately, Duluth Pack doesn't seem to make anymore. :(

Irena

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
No, but it might make your pelvic area look, well, "bulky". ;)
My wallet is a business card case, quite small (thin, too:(). Then I just have chapstick. And a key or two. I actually carry less than my brother and dad.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The receptacle in question would have to be large and 'manly'

I don't have a briefcase or 'gladstone' bag, or really need one right now. If I did, however, I'd favour the types shown by Salv and Doc Devereux. Mr Stovall's bag looks pretty cool, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav