Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

rumblefish

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
No! Wait! I'll eat the Scungili. I was just using it as an example.
What I won't eat is snake, skunk, weasel and squirrel. :p
Does ita look like this?:
scungilli-360.jpg

:essen:
...Strikingly.

OK, but it's not deserving of the "Who Ate What Thread.":p :)

rumblefish

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Try it with Hendricks Gin:
Probably the most unusual gin I have ever tasted. :D
I mean to buy this. In what way unusual?

Lately I've been basking in the glow of my bottle of Old Raj Gin when it's martini time.

I'll need to empty a few bottles before I can go on another shopping spree.
DSC00898.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

You gents are a bad influence.:D

rumblefish said:
I mean to buy this. In what way unusual?

Lately I've been basking in the glow of my bottle of Old Raj Gin when it's martini time.

I'll need to empty a few bottles before I can go on another shopping spree.
DSC00898.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

You gents are a bad influence.:D

I don't see the Cynar in those pictures. ;) :p :eek:
Hendricks is unusual in several ways. It is made in scotland so that is unsual as it is but it is also affiliated with the Glenfiddich Distillery---the scotch maker. :D
It is also infused with rose water and cucumber along with the usual botanicals. The result is a taste all its own but quite refreshing when served cold as in a Martini or your gin and tonic as Michael Jackson (no not that one--the food critic.:p ) calls it my choice for a gin and tonic. :D :cheers1:
I forgot to mention the Night Nurse:
INGREDIENTS
1½ oz. Hendrick's Gin
¾ oz. Kahlua
¼ oz. White Crème de Menthe

rumblefish said:
You're right. :D

Got my Luxardo Maraschino on monday and today I made my first Aviation Cocktail. :cool: :)

That is a nice one. One of my favorites:

The Flaming Lamborghini
1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
1 oz sambuca
1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1 oz Bailey's Irish cream

Pour the sambuca and kahlua into a cocktail glass. Pour the baileys and blue curacao into two seperate shot glasses either side of the cocktail glass. Set light the concoction in the cocktail glass and start to drink through a straw (this drink should be drunk in one---make sure its not a plastic straw by the way:eek: :p ). As the bottom of the glass is reached put out the fire by pouring the baileys and blue curacao into the cocktail glass and keep drinking till it's all gone.

what to drink in a hurricane

In honor of the oncoming Hurricane Hanna, I thought I might digress from the normal Scotch or Bourbon,and do something tropical.

having aquired some Cahaca, might try a caipirinha tonight. now,,,,if only I could figure out the best cigar to go along with it?

of course when all else fails, I can still pull out the Lavagulin or the Macallan cask strength....:p

Nash Buckingham said:
In honor of the oncoming Hurricane Hanna, I thought I might digress from the normal Scotch or Bourbon,and do something tropical.

having aquired some Cahaca, might try a caipirinha tonight. now,,,,if only I could figure out the best cigar to go along with it?

of course when all else fails, I can still pull out the Lavagulin or the Macallan cask strength....:p

For cachaca, I would go with something a little lighter. Maybe a complimentary sweet maduro wrapper Por Larranaga or an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic Maduro. A Fuente VSG of any kind would be good as well. ;) :D

Caroline

One of the Regulars
I have this passion fruit syrup that is just taking up space. So, I found a great recipe to use it up with. Then I forgot the recipe at work, so I just guessed & googled:

Pink Zombie:

036.jpg

This drink is flammable. Now, ala "Modern Drunkard" magazine, I am now four sheets to the wind, sailing to blackout island...

703-1.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
Since I had a nice ripe peach, I pureed it and made a Thoroughbred:

2oz. Bourbon
1 ½ oz. Peach Puree
1 oz. Lemon Juice
3 Dashes Angostura Bitters
Crushed Ice
Soda

Stir first five ingredients in an old fashioned glass until glass is cold, and top with soda.

Something I got from Imbibe Magazine, 11/08.

rumblefish said:
Since I had a nice ripe peach, I pureed it and made a Thoroughbred:

2oz. Bourbon
1 ½ oz. Peach Puree
1 oz. Lemon Juice
3 Dashes Angostura Bitters
Crushed Ice
Soda

Stir first five ingredients in an old fashioned glass until glass is cold, and top with soda.

Something I got from Imbibe Magazine, 11/08.

Sounds intersting. I wonder what it would taste like with Rye instead of Bourbon. :D

rumblefish

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Sounds intersting. I wonder what it would taste like with Rye instead of Bourbon. :D
Good! Went well with the fruitunes of the rye.:eusa_clap

Found another ripe peach.:D

But I think the rich vanilla taste from the bourbon does it for me in this one. Using Jim Beam Black.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
I just can't get into the taste of bourbon. That burnt charcoal taste just doesn't cut it for me. [huh]

That's the good part! Yum. I like all things all burnt and carcinogenic!

:eek:fftopic: Nice to meet the wife and ADORABLE kids!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails