Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Been damn warm today (30 Celsius) so on the garganega again this evening, very nice and refreshing.

I'm with Splatt, I've had some spectacularly good warm sake, but I've also gotten spectacularly tiddly on the stuff. Sneaks up on you.

rikrdo

A-List Customer
Orange Hefeweizen from our new, local brewery

Hangar 24

shop_growler.gif

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
Tonight it's a daiquiri, a real daiquiri, and not "onr of those neon green , sissified slushies" (à la Good Eats). Just white rum, fresh lime juice, and simple syrup. Nice and refreshing. ^_^

Rachael

A-List Customer
We just discovered a new something, and had to buy it for the great bottle:

StGermain-1.jpg

it's very sweet straight and mixes very well with tonic or champagne.

rumblefish

One Too Many
This caught my eye the other day at the liquor store, but I didn't bother to pick it up and read the label. What's it described as? Flavors? Proof? Would you get it again?

Rachael said:
We just discovered a new something, and had to buy it for the great bottle:

StGermain-1.jpg

it's very sweet straight and mixes very well with tonic or champagne.

I made a Pear Sangria on Sunday.
a bottle of pinot grigio
a few ounces of Poire Williams eau de vie
a cubed pear,
in a pitcher with ice and lemon slices

Rachael

A-List Customer
It's made from elder flowers in france (not sure what those are) and the flavor is very light. We mixed it with tonic and lime, and it has a distinctively citrus, almost grapefruit taste.

not sure on the proof, there is a lot of info (and great art) on the site: stgermain.fr

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
My mixological endeavors continue tonight with another classic, the Manhattan. I can see why the classics are still going strong. They're simple, unpretentious, and mighty tasty, but always classy.

miss_elise

Practically Family
Rachael said:
It's made from elder flowers in france (not sure what those are) and the flavor is very light. We mixed it with tonic and lime, and it has a distinctively citrus, almost grapefruit taste.

not sure on the proof, there is a lot of info (and great art) on the site: stgermain.fr
Elder flowers - from the elder tree...also tastes good with apple juice....

Sambucus_nigra0.jpg

Rachael

A-List Customer
wow, elder flowers are pretty and tasty! thanks for the pic.

the weather has gotten cold and gray again (surprise) so tonight it's Pinot Noir Port and a little chocolate.

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Hexenmeister said:
My mixological endeavors continue tonight with another classic, the Manhattan. I can see why the classics are still going strong. They're simple, unpretentious, and mighty tasty, but always classy.

Ah, the Manhattan. If there is any doubt it's either a Cuba Libre or a Manhattan for me. They're my default cocktails. A classic manhattan is the classy choice, of course! Up for me ;) Thanks Hexenmeister.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy