The Fedora Lounge 4.0

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Nathan Flowers, May 7, 2018.

1. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

2. Rockwater

Rockwater A-List Customer

I’ve found that the edit Option expired after a certain period of time. In the past I recall that is was 30 minutes.
    Haven’t tried it lately.

3. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

That's interesting. Before this latest upgrade I could go back and edit posts that were a year old or older. But I just double-checked a post I made only 10 days ago in another thread and the edit and delete options were gone. :confused:

Guppy likes this.
  4. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

I noticed it too. As a horrible speller and only a decent proofer of my own writing hours or even days after I write something, I'd catch all sorts of typos, spelling and syntax errors in older posts that was nice to be able to correct via the edit function.

Do we know what the new edit cutoff time limit is and if it can be increased?

Nathan - sorry to bug you on, yet, another item - any thoughts on this?

Zombie_61 likes this.
  5. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

My vote would be to remove the edit limit entirely.

6. Nathan Flowers

Nathan Flowers Head Bartender Staff Member

Edit time is limited to seven days. It was a quirk in the system that newer accounts were able to edit longer. Now it's consistent.

Zombie_61 and Fading Fast like this.
  7. Downloaded an ad blocker. The Lounge is a joy once again!

seres likes this.
  8. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean Call Me a Cab

If everyone uses an ad blocker, it kinda defeats the object of having ads. :D

Edward likes this.
  9. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I don't know if it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but the color for hyperlinks is not different from regular text, making it hard to see links. It'd be nice if they were easier to see.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  10. DanO

DanO One of the Regulars

I am still getting bumped back to the start/top, Firefox 59.0.03, Windows 8.1. Does not happen on any other sites except Ebay on occasion when they start playing games.

11. DanO

DanO One of the Regulars

Also used to be when I click on a thread that I have been on (following?) it would go to the last post I looked at and new posts from there. Now it goes to the very beginning of the thread, how do I change that?

12. Nathan Flowers

It goes to the first unread for me. Have you tried marking all forums as read, to see if it catches up? Could be a corrupted cookie.

For the thing bumping you back to the start of the thread, I'm not sure I can help there. Does it also do that if you are using Chrome?

13. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

Serious question, not just a rant.
    Is there anyway to get rid of those ads that make the readable text stop jumping up and down as I often write topics only to have the ad move and click and continue in the wrong place. Most annoying thing I can see about this new version. or is it a 'Pay to view' thing?

14. Nathan Flowers

We're switching to lazy loading for the ads soon, which will make the jumps stop.

15. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton Practically Family

is anyone else having difficulties staying logged in? The site logs me out when I've marked the box to stay logged in. This is a new problem, which is why I'm mentioning it.

16. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I haven't experienced that. Not yet, anyway.

17. Nathan Flowers

Delete your site cookie. We ran some updates and that is likely the culprit.

1mach1 likes this.
  18. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton Practically Family

thank you

19. I just had to retype my response to a post three times since the forum 'jumped' and wiped out what I was trying to send.
    HD

20. Nathan Flowers

Not sure what could be happening there. Nothing should ever be wiped out in an ad refresh. In fact, the auto-save for drafts should prevent that entirely.