Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Few The Wild One 50s

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To our modern eyes, a mouton color looks out of place, but, it was used a lot on 30s jackets. Here is the late Ed "Iron Man" Kretz Sr. Indian Ranger jacket, complete with mouton collar. I know he wore it in the 30s-50s! I wish I had taken some detail shots, Ed Jr. would have let me, now it is to late.
DSC01596.jpg

Oh the twist I was referring to are the metal zipper stoppers for the pockets. Putting up the comparison pics of this jacket with the RM Buco in a bit.

Blackadder

image.jpg

The right pocket is on the other hand smaller.

image.jpg
Sleeves on Buco is narrower so less tapered.

Last edited:

Blackadder

image.jpg

image.jpg
The RM has buttons for a mouton collar whilst the Few does not.

image.jpg
The Few has one inside pocket whilst the RM has none. Linings are very similar despite the colour. Both are thin very light weight quilted lining not meant for cold weather or at least not as warm as Lost Worlds J-23, Schott etc.

Last edited:

Blackadder

image.jpg
The belt loop on the Few is shorter, so only a narrower belt can fit in

image.jpg

image.jpg

Different hardware but curiously, the Few is using McCoys talon repro as you can see the one with the word McCoy on it is actually the Few.

Last edited:

Blackadder

How about this for a bell ringer? It's a beast.....would love to see an english translation option. I could own several of these jackets.......
http://http://www.c-king.jp/few2010_11/pm13011.html
The thing is the Few is basically a New Zealand maker. Maybe you can email them and ask about ordering a jacket in your size. One thing though is that they are not custom made to order kind of maker so you may have to wait to tag along on those bulk orders from Japan.

Blackadder

The Few one is nice, but that RMC/Buco really takes the cake.
Nicely done on both!
Thank you. The RM Buco is sharper but it is actually a less accomodating jacket for an average build person due to narrow sleeves extremely trim body. The Few is a more flattering jacket in terms of cut.

Yeah, purely aesthetically, it doesn't get any better than RMC. It's just a sharper jacket (pocket piping, for example, just looks neater). The Few is incredible too. Reminds me somewhat of LW Buco, but I much, much prefer it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo