Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Few The Wild One 50s

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Basically another Buco J-24 copy from former Real McCoy's leather jacket partner. This one is wider than the Buco in the body and especially the sleeves. Normal tea-core leather unlike the overdye process used by Buco.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

Blackadder

Thanks. This one is size 36 and my Buco below is size 38. Both are slim fitting but the Buco is definitely slimmer considering the difference in sizes.
IMG_20140630_233213293.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Gorgeous jacket. Odd choice of name (Brando didn't wear a D pocket as Strabler - though contrary to Schott's claims, there seems to be a level of debate as to whether it's actually a Schott he wore; certainly Perfecto style), but that's neither here nor there. It's a really nice looking take on the style. Very similar in overall look to an Eastman Roadstar I have - one of the early one from back in the early 90s, which has a quilted nylon interior and the pillion pockets at the rear too. The Eastman has a black interior, though, which I personally don't think has quite the same panache as this striking scarlet!

Lovely stuff - enjoy!

Blackadder

Might have gotten the Roadstar if they still produce the old style. Tried my friend's new style Roadstar size 36 once. It fits me well but the back of the new style just seems too plain compared to the old one. The only old style Roadstar I can find in my size are on MASH but they are NOS with defects so no go.
http://www.mash-japan.co.jp/eastman-web/outlet/index.html

Last edited:
Looks very nice. I don't see the point of making another Buco copy while the RMC is still in business with their flawless Buco, but these guys have certainly done a great job. Though personally I never get tired of seeing one of the J's so this thread is greatly appreciated. Fits you great, from what I can tell.

Blackadder

Looks very nice. I don't see the point of making another Buco copy while the RMC is still in business with their flawless Buco, but these guys have certainly done a great job. Though personally I never get tired of seeing one of the J's so this thread is greatly appreciated. Fits you great, from what I can tell.
I guess they agree with you. The new line-up from the Few shows that the Wild One is now made with brown Badalassi Cowhide in stead of black HH. Well, the point is when RM changed hands, the previous partners, owners etc all went separate ways and created different brands. Each of them tried to re-create the classic RM works under own label, so you get the J-24 replica from the Few and Toys McCoy on one hand, the J-100 replica from the Few and Rainbow Country on the other not to mention the half belt and military jackets.
http://www.c-king.jp/pages/few2013....=few2013.html#anchorckinga2open?=few2013.html

Last edited:

Blackadder

That's a beauty.....how is the leather? It just looks awesome.

Leather feels softer than the Buco. Different from shiniki or Horween CXL. Feels more like the regular leather they had used in the old days (comparable to the vintage HH jackets I have handled though naturally not as dry as the vintage jackets). Seeing the source of HH used by the Few, I would say Italian HH?

Last edited:
I was just thinking how I prefer this leather to the stuff RMC is using. It gives the jacket a more serious, less repro vibe. RMC leather is insanely beautiful but you can tell they were going for that worn look, a jacket that looks older from the get go. I've seen a few worn RMC J's on eBay/Rakuten that you almost can't tell apart from the actual Buco's... :)

Each of them tried to re-create the classic RM works under own label, so you get the J-24 replica from the Few and Toys McCoy on one hand, the J-100 replica from the Few and Rainbow Country on the other not to mention the half belt and military jackets.
http://www.c-king.jp/pages/few2013....=few2013.html#anchorckinga2open?=few2013.html

How many serious manufacturers exists in Japan right now!? I only knew of the RMC. Man, so many A-2's... Thank God I'm not into those (yet), otherwise I would've probably gone insane, how many perfect Japanese repros there are to choose from.

Blackadder

I was just thinking how I prefer this leather to the stuff RMC is using. It gives the jacket a more serious, less repro vibe. RMC leather is insanely beautiful but you can tell they were going for that worn look, a jacket that looks older from the get go. I've seen a few worn RMC J's on eBay/Rakuten that you almost can't tell apart from the actual Buco's... :)

How many serious manufacturers exists in Japan right now!? I only knew of the RMC. Man, so many A-2's... Thank God I'm not into those (yet), otherwise I would've probably gone insane, how many perfect Japanese repros there are to choose from.
I agree with you about the design philosophy of RM's products. Almost all their items are made with what you said in mind, to achieve the worn look in split second. Even their military wear are made to fade in no time.
Guys who run The Few and Rainbow Country worked with/for the old regime RM whilst Toys McCoy 's owner is actually the former owner of RM. The Few is a New Zealand based jacket manufacturer (run by a Japanese) that used to supply the RM. They use the name Real McCoy's New Zealand outside Japan.
Here is the Toys McCoy J-24 repro with twist.
http://village.ocnk.net/product/2210
RM used to make these kind of jackets using Harley's trademark. This I think is before they obtained the use of the Buco trademark.
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-life-sendai/10017131/
Another version of the early model RM Harley
tastuya19721224-img450x600-1415698398zjapf710655.jpg

These are just fashion wear, so I guess RM cannot be faulted for creating the short cut for people's satisfaction. For more serious riding gear, you can take a look at Kadoya leather.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There's something about these Japanese Buco repros that is just so pleasing to my eyes. Elegant things they are. My favorite repro jackets.

Blackadder, I've heard someone mention New Zealand in relation to RMC, but figured it was bs. Had no idea they were making these under the HD trademark. Were these sold exclusively in Japan?

There's something about these Japanese Buco repros that is just so pleasing to my eyes. Elegant things they are. My favorite repro jackets.

Yep, I love the no compromise approach these guys take. They use the original sewing machines these jackets were being made decades ago. Either do it right, or don't do it at all.

Blackadder

Blackadder, I've heard someone mention New Zealand in relation to RMC, but figured it was bs. Had no idea they were making these under the HD trademark. Were these sold exclusively in Japan?

Yep, I love the no compromise approach these guys take. They use the original sewing machines these jackets were being made decades ago. Either do it right, or don't do it at all.

The Few= RMNZ. The Few's website is in Japanese and has the full range of products whilst the RMNZ's website is in English and only shows military jackets. RM is no longer related to RMNZ but since people who run these companies all used to work in RM, they naturally took with them the knowledge and know-how hence the same or similar line-up.

RM no longer makes Harley Davidson repros now that they have the Buco trademark. One of the more common RMxHarley repros was the cycle champ. You can still find some used one.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/auc-life-sendai/item/10016179/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en

Incidentally, Toys McCoy has the use of the Beck trademark.
You can find the 666 repro on their website.
http://toys-mccoy.shop-pro.jp/?mode=grp&gid=78668
The 333 is unfortunately no longer in production.
http://www.okoku.jp/items/index/011228011204477102

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner