Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Flat Head Deerskin Rider's Jacket - Keeper or Seller??

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
70268fba7a961f76d4ab6bd16048305f.gif

Can you even get a FW Mulholland these days anyway, isn’t it essentially completely sold out?

Just as rare as a TFH jacket now.....

I’m going back and forth on this one but if you have other jackets to wear I’d probably throw this on the bay “as new with tags” (it is right?) seeing as TFH is no more you should eventually get a good price and start scouring the web for what you really want and just hunker down and play the long game.

It doesn’t matter how well it fits if it isn’t what you really want, life is too short for “second place” jackets!

Even if FH closes its doors and never makes another leather jacket or single article of clothing again...it will sell at a susbstantial loss. That’s just how it works. There is somebody somewhere dying to own this jacket but I suspect they hold all the cards. It’s a smaller size, unusual (not in a bad way!) hide and despite its condition, it is used. Plain and simple. Not from a retailer? It’s used. Period.

I’ve made this mistake before. Your quest eclipses reason. Table it and look at these photos once the crush for the other jacket has subsided. If you still feel the same way then you may as well send it to auction and hope that one buyer is bidding. Tread with caution. I think this jacket looks absolutely perfect on you. A quintessential halfbelt.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Even if FH closes its doors and never makes another leather jacket or single article of clothing again...it will sell at a susbstantial loss. That’s just how it works. There is somebody somewhere dying to own this jacket but I suspect they hold all the cards. It’s a smaller size, unusual (not in a bad way!) hide and despite its condition, it is used. Plain and simple. Not from a retailer? It’s used. Period.

I’ve made this mistake before. Your quest eclipses reason. Table it and look at these photos once the crush for the other jacket has subsided. If you still feel the same way then you may as well send it to auction and hope that one buyer is bidding. Tread with caution. I think this jacket looks absolutely perfect on you. A quintessential halfbelt.
@ton312 This is size 40. The jacket is unused and is stored in the original cardboard box of TFH. I purchased it from an authorized retailer in Japan. Anyway, I finally decided to keep it due to the reasons I already mentioned in an earlier post. I can even imaging that this will be my daily wear jacket as it's so comfy! I simply haven't "dared" to wear it till now due to the high loss when selling a used jacket, even if I wore it just 2-3 times. Thanks very much to all for your honest feedback which finally convinced me to keep it!

@ton312 This is size 40. The jacket is unused and is stored in the original cardboard box of TFH. I purchased it from an authorized retailer in Japan. Anyway, I finally decided to keep it due to the reasons I already mentioned in an earlier post. I can even imaging that this will be my daily wear jacket as it's so comfy! I simply haven't "dared" to wear it till now due to the high loss when selling a used jacket, even if I wore it just 2-3 times. Thanks very much to all for your honest feedback which finally convinced me to keep it!
I’d hate to see you make the same mistake I’ve made countless times! The enemy of something great is the hope for something better and often times that pursuit falls flat. I think you made the right call. You can always sell it down the road but with a little wear, that already perfect HB is only going to get better.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family

You know looking at the collar, you can probably work the shape a bit as you wear it even though it is deer skin and already malleable. I think you are making the right choice.

breezer

Practically Family
.it will sell at a susbstantial loss. That’s just how it works.

or put it another way....if you can afford to spend $2000 on a jacket, you can afford a $1000 loss when you sell it on......so best to just keep it and enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points