Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
There's a story that at one time Einstein had a wardrobe consisting multiple copies of the exact same suit, shirt and tie. He said he didn't want to waste even a moment of thought on something as insignificant as choosing what suit to wear.

A coworker's college roommate actually owned 31 shirts and 8 pairs of pants all the same as each other. For the same reason, he didn't have to worry about matching or picking out what to wear. And stated that his warddrobe was inspired by Einstein's, as he wanted to dedicate his life to Engineering.

My coworker upon hearing this said- "Um, ok, what happens when one wears out? How do you replace it or do you just throw everything else out and buy all new to keep everything the same?"

rue

lol. I'm not trying to start any arguments. I just hate seeing a one way road. Just giving a point of view that nobody seems here to have. I call it as I see it.

You forget that there are people with different viewpoints and when you all gang up on the one with a different view point then yes, that's a mob.

I know I'm a minority here on how I see the world.

I guess the problem with that is that you come across as a pot stirrer and most people don't like that even if they do share your opinion. You've also been pretty insulting.

Before you say we have.... I hardly think Mr. Mullet is reading our posts at the FL. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I guess the problem with that is that you come across as a pot stirrer and most people don't like that even if they do share your opinion. You've also been pretty insulting.

Bang your head against a wall, Rue. You'll get further than hoping for open-mindedness where it just doesn't exist.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Here we go:

lol. I'm not trying to start any arguments.

How did I know you would say that? I'll reiterate: You posted a picture of Albert Einstein calling him an old idiot. That's a great way to start an argument, especially when it comes from nowhere.

If you truthfully weren't, maybe you'd like to explain exactly what your purpose was. I'm all ears.

PoohBang

Suspended

Before you say we have.... I hardly think Mr. Mullet is reading our posts at the FL. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

You know I'd like to have a good thread going, but I'm already being called un-open minded, an MSNBC watcher youngster. It seems I'm the one being insulted here?

If giving a different point of view is pot stirring then I'm not sure why? I see pic of an older guy with not fashionable hair and the comments about him. even a emoticon gun pointing at him... I give an example of an other older guy with not fashionable hair, but is universally loved. The is an example of giving an example to my point of view.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
If giving a different point of view is pot stirring then I'm not sure why? I see pic of an older guy with not fashionable hair and the comments about him. even a emoticon gun pointing at him... I give an example of an other older guy with not fashionable hair, but is universally loved. The is an example of giving an example to my point of view.

Now I understand, but it shouldn't have required this level of explanation. A bit of tact would have helped.

One does not equal the other. Give them both an IQ test and you'll see a difference I am sure.
You want to ban emoticon guns now? :rofl::laser::mullet: Poor guy, it came off the screen and got him in real life. RIP mullet dude. :rofl:

rue

You know I'd like to have a good thread going, but I'm already being called un-open minded, an MSNBC watcher youngster. It seems I'm the one being insulted here?

If you want to have a 'good thread', then join in on the conversation instead of just throwing stuff out there (pot stirring).

PoohBang

Suspended
okay, I can't take on all ten of you at once.

Since you're all ears... The pic didn't come out of nowhere. It came of out the picture of the older man with the mullet (shown previously) and how he is an example of the "decline". I just showed another older man with "crazy hair" and used the "idiot" as we all know who he is... a genius.

I'm pointing out that you're all judging a book by the cover. Yes, his hair is out of fashion by a few decades, but he's part of the decline? really? So anyone with crazy hair is part of the decline.

Hense another example of my view point.

But if you want to turn that comment into something else, it seems it's you trying to start a fight over the term?

Here we go:

How did I know you would say that? I'll reiterate: You posted a picture of Albert Einstein calling him an old idiot. That's a great way to start an argument, especially when it comes from nowhere.

If you truthfully weren't, maybe you'd like to explain exactly what your purpose was. I'm all ears.

rue

okay, I can't take on all ten of you at once.

Since you're all ears... The pic didn't come out of nowhere. It came of out the picture of the older man with the mullet (shown previously) and how he is an example of the "decline". I just showed another older man with "crazy hair" and used the "idiot" as we all know who he is... a genius.

I'm pointing out that you're all judging a book by the cover. Yes, his hair is out of fashion by a few decades, but he's part of the decline? really? So anyone with crazy hair is part of the decline.

Hense another example of my view point.

But if you want to turn that comment into something else, it seems it's you trying to start a fight over the term?

See... I may not agree with you, but now you are talking. I think that's all anyone was trying to get you to do.

You just took a lighthearted post/pic and made it a soap box. There IS a difference.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab

Let's not make this personal. Have a look through my posts if you like - I don't start arguments.

As I said, I understand the point you were making now, but it shouldn't have required so much explanation. There are 1000 more tactful ways of making the same point, and the internet heavily requires tact. Your tone is lost through the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot