Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Golden Era's *ugliest* clothes

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Okay, all strawberry hat talk has been moved to [URL="http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?31135-Show-us-your-vintage-hats!]this thread[/URL].

Lets keep with the ugly, ladies.
Thanks.

LD

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
4768934590_d7dce773ac_z.jpg

OH, MAUREEN!!!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I love it when I find ugly thats a bit stealth.

ugly-1.jpg

ugly1.jpg

They have cuffs!

Both of these were from the same Wards '41 catalog and the *same* page!
LD

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
As a rule I'm the kind of gal who will brake for polka dots, but man oh man, I'd definitely keep plowing through and run those gloves over! They remind me of those kitchy washing-up gloves you find these days.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
But lookit all the color options available on the 'chubbie' set! WOW! Can you imagine/stomach that in 'royal blue' or 'strawberry'?!

LD

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
I had a "Chubbie" in grey fur once. Even if it wasn't too big on me, it would still make me look like some grey monster.
What's strange is that I wear full length fur coats well and chubbies are a shorter cut, maybe because chubbies go out at all the wrong angles while full lengths fan out lower than the waist.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
These ugly coats from the 1950s where the front is fitted but the back fans out. shakeshead Makes me think of a pregnancy gone really, really wrong. I'm glad they didn't last/catch on. These are from 1950:

5558320071_e72ac638a7_b.jpg

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
These ugly coats from the 1950s where the front is fitted but the back fans out. shakeshead Makes me think of a pregnancy gone really, really wrong. I'm glad they didn't last/catch on. These are from 1950:

5558320071_e72ac638a7_b.jpg

Ha! These could do double duty in the "Victorian inspiration" thread! They remind me of the mantles that used to be worn over early bustle dresses! I didn't think they were becoming then, either :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner