Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Grizzly"

icecold

One of the Regulars
fishmeok said:
How are those constructed? Do they use a layer of leather under the mouton to back it up, or just sew the sheep directly to the horse trim pieces?
Cheers
Mark

it's getting a bit warm for these jackets, but I have the same question. Anyone?

Feraud

Bartender
Nice collar on this one
DSC06982.jpg

DSC06983.jpg

John Lever

One Too Many
I've had HH jackets from both companies and the Aero is far better. The LW has a painted outer coat that is quite unattractive. The Vintage HH from Aero is superb.

Edward

Bartender
mattfink said:
That looks tough with the shawl collar on it. I wonder if the folks at Aero could replicate this particular style?

Don't see why not.... Aero seem to be very open to customisation, and based on my communication with them there's a lot they do different without racking up the extra charges as well.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
himelator said:
himelator:

Wow! That's a monster grizzly! Who made that jacket? Is it a vintage jacket or modern production? I'm really curious about the zipper. It looks like the early Talon zipper with round hole puller.

Noel

andy richards

Practically Family
What a great jacket! Great pictures too! I like the old ads pics. Never saw one wearing such a jacket. Looks smart as a "worker" classic or a an old days casual jacket in the cold. I have one Aero LHB ordered, one HWM for modification onder way right now... This one is sure on my wish list. Thanks for the pics!:eusa_clap

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Blessed Are the Poor...

http://www.shorpy.com/node/3001?size=_original

Here's an image from a photo archive showing a migrant farmer's family in a shack - note the jacket hanging on the wall. Reminds me of a friend of my mothers from the maritime provinces - as a girl her family was poor and the other school kids made fun of her because she had to eat lobster tail sandwiches for lunch

m

mattfink

Practically Family
Feraud said:
Did you ever inquire if Aero could do a shawl collar?

My friend Pat did and they said they could replicate almost any design with relative accuracy. Still no $ for one yet....someday!

mattfink

Practically Family
I think Aero does a shawl collar on one or more other jackets. Don't particularly like the looks of the Lost Worlds stuff. Would ultimately like to find a vintage grizzly, but they only seem to come in tiny sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy