Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hatco Outlet Store in Garland, TX

carter

I'll Lock Up
I went to their store this afternoon and found three Cavanaghs. Two were as I described earlier in sizes 7 1/2 (more like a 7 3/8) and 7 1/4. One as J.T. described in 7 1/8 with no liner, just the small plaque in the top of the crown.

Brad, The imprint on the liners look like the old Cavanagh imprint.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Dang! I'm gonna have to check Southwest Airline's price to Dallas just so I can visit that store. It just might be the longest day trip I've taken in a while.

Mark from Plano

One of the Regulars
Went back

Went back to the Hatco outlet today. Didn't buy anything although I was tempted by one hat in particular; a brown Stetson with a teardrop crown.

However, the finds of the day didn't fit me. :( Found at least five Stetson Pinnacle Fedoras (beaver) for $60 each. I wear a 7 1/2 (a bit tight) or more typically a 7 5/8 (very slightly loose). Naturally the Pinnacles were 7 3/4, 7 7/8 and 7 3/8.

Can't help me, but hopefully it will help someone. They were all grey.

Happy hunting.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I was in the neighborhood, and stopped by The Outlet in Garland, this afternoon. Their selection of nice fedoras is showing a lot more variety, with several styles I had not seen before. (I don't remember noticing a Colony, this time.) The good fur felts are all $59.95, now.

Today, I rummaged around on their center mark-down tables. I brought home three Dobbs fedoras for $10.00 apiece. Most of the ten dollar hats were wool, but not all. I can honestly say that I didn't have anything quite like these three.

A Dobbs Steve Harvey "Genuine Fur Felt," 2 3/8" underwelt brim, in "Powder Blue."

P1010010.jpg

Another Dobbs Steve Harvey "Genuine Fur Felt," 2 3/8" underwelt brim, in "Sun Yellow."

P1010011.jpg

And a Dobbs "Pure Wool" (with real sweatband and liner), Croton model, 2 1/2" raw edge brim, in dark "Burgundy."

P1010008.jpg

TopSpin

New in Town
Carter, you fiend--just when I thought Peters Bros was gonna be my hat buyin' place you come along with pictures from a hat utopia not twenty minutes from my house. :eusa_doh:

I should've taken you up on that offer a long time ago.

carter

I'll Lock Up
It's still there as you can see from JT's most recent post. HATCO's Outlet may not be a hat-wearer's mecca but they're a good place to look when you just want a servicable hat to start with.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
It's still there as you can see from JT's most recent post. HATCO's Outlet may not be a hat-wearer's mecca but they're a good place to look when you just want a servicable hat to start with.

Or even something eccentric, to add to your collection. :D

Sargon

Familiar Face
Did I hear tell that you can order by phone? If so is there any way to find out what is in stock? is 7 a common size there or relatively rare?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Sargon said:
Did I hear tell that you can order by phone? If so is there any way to find out what is in stock? is 7 a common size there or relatively rare?

Here's the phone number: (972) 494-0337

They probably can't tell you everything they have in stock, but if you give them model, and size, or other general ideas, the can tell you what they have that fits what you're looking for.

With fedoras, they always have several racks of nice fur felts, in size 7.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sargon said:

Sir, don't you listen to JT! They have NO size 7 hats there at all....thats right--none! Uhh, ok, maybe a few. I wear size 7 and don't need the competition! :rolleyes: :D

Mr. David Stevens is the manager and he has been very helpful when I have called in the past. He seems to have a very good grasp of what hats he has in what style. I'm sure he can help you with those size 7 5/8 hats!!!

awest84532

Familiar Face
I was there Saturday (05/16/09) and there were size 7's everywhere I looked. I need 7 5/8 and that was a different story. I did grab two Chathams @$59.99, a Gun Club for $25.00 in the sales table and a straw retro for $39.99. There were others there which did not suit my taste, but I got some nice hats and am looking forward to a return trip someday.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
It appears I am years late to this forum. I would, however, like to ask if anyone has knowledge of the western hats available at the Stetson/Resistol hat factory outlet. I am interested in knowing if there is a wide range of selection (style/ profile and color) and what the pricing range is. Any incite will be greeted kindly. Thank you.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
The only things I have seen that are consistently on the shelves is 3x-5x westerns.
The higher end hats (20X and up) are hit and miss as irregulars are produced or returns/cancelled orders come back.
I have been in the store when I wished I had a huge wad of cash as there were literally a dozen great deals in my size and other times there was nothing of note priced low.
The pricing varies widely. Hats with no defects detected can be 25% off what store would ask and some with obvious serious defects like holes or creases that will not come out might be 75% off retail.

Last edited:

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Thank you for the information. I was hoping they had some mid-range hats (8x-15x) available at a lower cost than what is in my area. I would enjoy the opportunity to learn a bit while I was there as well, but it seems those mid-range hats are as elusive as I thought. :) Thank you once more.

AMGbullitt

Familiar Face
Called there today and spoke to David. Very helpful. He found exactly what I wanted. This place was a terrible thing to find. It's gonna cost me big time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy