Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Linen Suit with the Bullet Hole...?

Warbaby

One Too Many
Once again this suit is listed on eBay. This is the third or fourth time this suit has been listed and ostensibly sold. What's up with that? Does this guy have an infinite supply of linen suits with bullet holes?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
What is prolly' happening is that the seller has a buddy that bids on the suit to raise the bids. If the buddy outbids genuine bidder and ends up winning the item the seller relists the item. That's pretty shady if you ask me.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
resortes805 said:
What is prolly' happening is that the seller has a buddy that bids on the suit to raise the bids. If the buddy outbids genuine bidder and ends up winning the item the seller relists the item.
Yep, shill bidding. Supposedly :rolleyes: , Ebay watches out for that but you see it all the time.

Feraud

Bartender
Marc Chevalier said:
I don't understand the continued fascination with this suit. [huh]

No doubt part of the fascination is in the frequent offering of the same suit.
My interest lies in the magnanimous decision to sell it "here" (on Ebay) as opposed to getting so much more money "there" (Asia, or whereever the person claims they can).
:)

WH1

Practically Family
Warbaby said:
Once again this suit is listed on eBay. This is the third or fourth time this suit has been listed and ostensibly sold. What's up with that? Does this guy have an infinite supply of linen suits with bullet holes?

More likely a large supply of linen suits and an infinite supply of bullets.:p

Chrome

One of the Regulars
heh, I hope he would sell his large supply of suits without holes. All the bullets could be saved to rip oversized basketball shirts and sell those with gansta story.

lagunie

New in Town
update

Seller claims he could sell it in Asia and make a lot more money but wants to give it to Ebay buyers FIRST! Lapels are supposed to have what looks like leftover blood stains. By the way, hate the new Ebay look.

Mike K.

One Too Many
I wonder how much I could get for a hat if I took it out back and shot it once or twice. Linen suits with bullet holes are one thing, but how many can say they own a hat with a bullet hole (and no stains)? lol

MisterGrey

Practically Family
True story: Several years ago, a friend of mine sold a pair of my dad's 1970s cowboy boots on eBay by claiming that they were haunted and had been the property of my now-deceased grandfather, a factory night watchman who had taken them off of a dead hobo. IIRC, we got $45 for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot