Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The most accurate A2's for special prices...

jake431

Practically Family
grant said:
What about getting the '40 contract in the real deal horsehide?

Grant

Well, that's an interesting thought - the prices for the 1942 and 1940 contract A-2's are the same on the Aero site - the Real Deal is lower cause of the hides. Maybe they'd go for it... You think?

-Jake

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
jake431 said:
Well, that's an interesting thought - the prices for the 1942 and 1940 contract A-2's are the same on the Aero site - the Real Deal is lower cause of the hides. Maybe they'd go for it... You think?

-Jake

Jake, run it past Will at Aero Leather, Scotland. I'm pretty sure they will go for a 1940 model, in real deal (or if you wanted it all jerky you could have that) mismatched leather, and even go for an anniversary hide. Have a word with them. Will's a good pal of mine, so drop my name in there too if that helps! Good luck.

jake431

Practically Family
PADDY said:
Jake, run it past Will at Aero Leather, Scotland. I'm pretty sure they will go for a 1940 model, in real deal (or if you wanted it all jerky you could have that) mismatched leather, and even go for an anniversary hide. Have a word with them. Will's a good pal of mine, so drop my name in there too if that helps! Good luck.

Paddy, Grant,

Before I read your post, last night I emailed Mark Moye (since I'm in the US) and asked, noting the price of the Anniversary and the 1940 model were the same. I then pointed out that the Real Deal was less money - so I asked if a 1940 model would be lower priced if it were made from the real deal hide seeing how the non real deal hide A-2's were the same...sadly, I was told "no". Politely, but firmly. I'd feel funny about going behind his back so to speak to try to get that deal from Scotland. Besides, it's likely that I'd get hit for customs and shipping,neither of which do I have to pay through Mark.

-Jake

JWG

Familiar Face
Hey Jake, I can attest to the fact they will do it- I have a 1756 made with jerky seal rather than smooth seal which is on their website. Looks great.

I think the reason it's the same price as the "standard" 1940 is that the collarstand construction and design of the jacket costs more to do than the simple collar design of the 42 Aero. At least that's how it was explained to me.

It's definitely worth it imho.

jake431

Practically Family
I agree it's worth it. I got the opportunity to try on one of their 1940 contract A-2's and it sold me. It's just the price of the Real Deal which compels me to scheme.

I have a Real McCoy's M-422a from about 4 years ago (hard to believe it's been so long since I found this "hobby"), back in the days of the good exchange rate- it only cost $565 - and it's had the same price in NZD the whole time. If money were never an object, I'd always get Real McCoy jackets I think, but since it IS a factor, Aero's are a good substitute, and like I said, the 1940 Aero sold me.

-Jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24