Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Moustache

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Had an amusing conversation with the wife today. I saw a portrait of Chevchenko, the great Ukranian poet and his outrageous moustache and mentioned about my plan to go all out in the attempt to grow a proper moustache, and jokingly asked her if I should go for the Chevchenko look. She jeeringly replied, Eww, moustaches are from the 80`s.

I replied with, `Yeah, the 1880`s! I`m gonna party like it`s 1899 baby.`

Booyah.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
The Merkur blades can be spotty on quality sometimes, great razors, but iffy blades. Derby extra are usually good, the Feathers are super sharp, so be forewarned. The Gillette 7AM have a good reputation as well.

Warden

One Too Many
Following the feature on how to grow a four-metre moustache, British readers have been sending in pictures of their own follicly fertile upper lips. Read more here

_60383628_comp_464.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well I've been hunting for some moustache wax. Narrowed it down to "Bounder" (what a great name!) and "Foads/Toads" wax (both UK based).

Just to keep the whiskers under control..! (It's been a long winter here and I've now grown used to the protection, so keeping it for a while). Tally-Ho..!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Paddy, you may want to even look into Mr. Natty's twizzler moustache wax. That is if you enjoy the faint scent of bergamot & lavender. Whichever you try, please be sure to write up a review and let us know what you think of it.

Cheers!

Dan

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Will do Dan. I'm leaning towards the BOUNDER with the Caribbean rum and vanilla extracts! Currently I've been using 'Sweet Georgia Brown' Hair Pomade which is like a hair wax with a lovely aroma. Only thing is it can be a tad greasy.

As one lady found out when she broke the rule of personal space and reached out to run her fingers through my beard! I was not happy, but...when she pulled her fingers away with the SGB Pomade on her fingers, the 'look' on her face more than made up for 'the invasion' by her! Pure Karma chaps!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Well here is my dirt squirrel thus far. Three months in. Not quite epic, but well on its way. Almost ready to fly solo without the chin whiskers.
100_7255.jpg

Haven't had anybody invade my personal space as of yet. Maybe it's because I don't appear to be friendly or approachable. Who knows?

Cheers!

Dan

dnjan

One Too Many
Well here is my dirt squirrel thus far. Three months in. Not quite epic, but well on its way. Almost ready to fly solo without the chin whiskers.
You might consider just trimming back the beard to a well-trimmed VanDyke rather than removing it completely.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
What are you using to trim the tache and beard Dan (the tache is looking good).
Mr Vim - like the pencil, suits 'you' sir.

Paddy, the soup strainer I do not trim. I just let it grow for now, maybe nipping the ends of the twizzled part to keep it neat and not too long. The rest I will let grow out until its terminal length and just waxing it into shape. I think that is the key to a good, full & proper handlebar, kepping the sharp objects away for a while.

The beard on the other hand is just shaped with the basic Wahl clippers. Right now the stubble is over grown and doesn't quite show the chin proportions very well. I usually shave aroound it with my usual soap & razor shaving routine. But, like I said, I got lazy this week.:rolleyes:

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld