Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Netherlands vs. the USA?

Mark

Practically Family
I have never seen anyone wearing any kind of what i would call a decent leather jacket (Aero, eastman etc). only awful plasticy looking mal jackets! Strange really.

devilish

A-List Customer
I was just in deepest Devon for 2 weeks and wore my GW A-2 and G-1 all over. I thought I saw one other, a possible Eastman while in Tavistock.

Me in G-1 and my favorite new accessory.

imagejpg1_zps457c3d26.jpg

As for SF, where I live, I see one or two very occasionally but not many.

Last edited:

tonypaj

Practically Family
I've worked in Geneva, Switzerland, for the last 15 years. I've seen an A-2 (apart from mine) exactly once. An old, ex flying instructor, I stopped him at a shopping mall, his was a Real McCoy, he said he had bought it when traveling and was clearly fond of it. He said he did not fly any more, too old for that.

Oh, of course then there was my ex colleague, and an ex member here, he got me started with this stuff. Curses... :) But that's it, on the street, nothing. Lots of Armani and that kind of stuff.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I saw a kid no older than 18 wearing what was either an Aero Highwayman or a very decent clone (Sam Walker, Cirrus or Schott most likely?) the other day. Wasn't just the cut, the hide looked substantial. Quite freaked me at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran