Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The nicest comment I ever heard

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haha ... JR and Lucky Luke is what you would expect as "frame of association" in a European city :D

More than once I've been wearing a fedora, but when I open my mouth and they hear my American accent they (the Viennese) respond with some cowboy comment. One time a guy asked "you from Texas?"
"No," I said, "Why do you ask?"
"Your hat."
I was wearing a Bugatti fedora. Bugatti fancies itself as "the European Brand". http://www.bugatti-fashion.com/brand/
Go figure.

dnjan

One Too Many
I get my photo taken fairly often. Sometimes they ask, and sometimes they just aim the camera at me and shoot.
I'm glad I'm not on facebook - at least that makes it more difficult for people to get my name.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I've had people ask to pose with me for pictures. I always decline because I have no control over what happens to that picture & how they use it. Of course with the proliferation of phone cameras today you never know when you are being photographed without your knowledge anyway.
I've asked to pose with me. Generally I accept.
I'm not popular on social networks nor I post that much about me.

I hear that one everyday ... gets old real quick

I also get ... hey Duck Dynasty

it's so strange

I should go around yelling things at clean shaven guys like ...

hey John Kennedy ... or look it's Mick Jagger

Yeah, that must be tiresome. And every one of them pats themselves on the back for being "witty," I'll wager.

When you go gray, they'll probably start calling you "Gandalf!"

I get my photo taken fairly often. Sometimes they ask, and sometimes they just aim the camera at me and shoot.
I'm glad I'm not on facebook - at least that makes it more difficult for people to get my name.
I made one exception this past June to some decendents of a historical figure I had researched & had just given a presentation on. They approached me afterwards & we spent some time discussing their ancestor in a cafe together. I've maintained contact with the great-great granddaughter since then, so that has been fun & informational.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, that must be tiresome. And every one of them pats themselves on the back for being "witty," I'll wager.

When you go gray, they'll probably start calling you "Gandalf!"
just yesterday I was told that I look like a young Captain Spaulding ... that's one I had not heard ... I nodded in appreciation and responded with my favorite Spaulding line

"what's the matter kid ?... don't ya like clowns? ... don't we make ya laugh ?... aren't we fuc*in' funny ?!!"

just yesterday I was told that I look like a young Captain Spaulding ... that's one I had not heard ... I nodded in appreciation and responded with my favorite Spaulding line

"what's the matter kid ?... don't ya like clowns? ... don't we make ya laugh ?... aren't we fuc*in' funny ?!!"

I had to look that one up. I could not figure out why anyone would think you looked like Groucho!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I had a cashier at a restaurant tell me my hat was a work of art, and I agreed. But a guy at work calls me Juan Valdez??? I don't get that one. Another co-worker said "Indiana Jones" when she saw me in my Penman "Skull" fedora... when I told her the hatter, John, actually makes hats from the block used to make the Indy 2 and forward movies she couldn't believe he was so close by.

I had a cashier at a restaurant tell me my hat was a work of art, and I agreed. But a guy at work calls me Juan Valdez??? I don't get that one. Another co-worker said "Indiana Jones" when she saw me in my Penman "Skull" fedora... when I told her the hatter, John, actually makes hats from the block used to make the Indy 2 and forward movies she couldn't believe he was so close by.

Fess up. You were walking with a small burro at the time, right?

AndyR

One of the Regulars
I hear that one everyday ... gets old real quick

I also get ... hey Duck Dynasty

it's so strange

I should go around yelling things at clean shaven guys like ...

hey John Kennedy ... or look it's Mick Jagger

LOL! This reminds me of a joke that Brad Garrett (played the 'very' tall brother on Everybody Loves Raymond) used to tell as a standup comic. He said that people always come up to him and ask, "Hey buddy, do you play basketball? You've got the size for it." He said, "I don't go up to midgets and ask them, "Hey buddy, do you play miniature golf? You've got the size for it." :)

Last edited:
Picture31.jpg

A couple of wks ago I ran into a friend sitting at a bar who regularly reenacts the part of a Confederate guerrilla from the Civil War, with his long hair & beard. He is a licensed Paramedic & sees plenty of real action in his everyday life. A guy sitting one seat over on my right finally had to interrupt our conversation with his question as to why we would grow long beards & hair in this day & age? I looked over at him, he looked all of 12 yrs old. I looked him directly in his eyes as I answered, "Because we can". That seemed to shut him up as he finished his beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner