The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Discussion in 'Hats' started by The Wiser Hatter, May 16, 2011.

  1. The skin tight pants kind of gives it away.
     
  2. I think that's horsehair from the braided hatband. I've had several that did the same thing.

    I don't have the look...just the wrinkles from being in the sun. I told my dermatologist who treats me for skin cancer that to this point I've probably spend 90% of my lifetime outdoors; in the woods & on the water...the other 10% I just wasted. Skin cancer could kill me yet, but sitting behind a desk would have done it already.
     
    Zombie_61 likes this.
  3. frussell

    frussell One Too Many

    Messages:
    1,394
    Location:
    California Desert
    That looked a bit like Montie Montana for a second, especially the outfit, but definitely not. Some kind of performer, thus the tight riding britches and what looks to be makeup. Old silent film star? Cool boots and coat.
     
    Bamaboots and Joao Encarnado like this.
  4. Bamaboots

    Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

    Messages:
    8,616
    Location:
    Alabama
    Tom Mix in a Hudson's Bay blanket coat.
    image.jpeg
     
    TPD166, RJR, BobHufford and 1 other person like this.
  5. frussell

    frussell One Too Many

    Messages:
    1,394
    Location:
    California Desert
    Yep, Google says the guy in the tight pants is indeed Tom Mix, pictured with performer Tex Cooper. The photo is autographed for the owner of the Hollywood Saddlery Co. Tom looks young.
     
    Bamaboots likes this.
  6. Zombie_61

    Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

    That nose looks like it's been around the block a few times. Wonderful photo!
     
    Hurricane Jack and Bamaboots like this.
  7. Joao Encarnado

    Joao Encarnado I'll Lock Up

    Messages:
    7,753
    Location:
    Portugal
    What a hat!
     
  8. Same thing with the ear.
     
  9. Looks like it is autographed to Marion Monte Stone.
     
  10. Colonel Teddy Roosevelt

    [​IMG]
     
  11. Bamaboots

    Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

    Messages:
    8,616
    Location:
    Alabama
    Buck Brannaman, THE horse whisperer.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
     
  12. zetwal

    zetwal I'll Lock Up

    Messages:
    4,343
    Location:
    Texas
    Reminds me of this guy -

    [​IMG]
     
  13. hatsRme

    hatsRme I'll Lock Up

    Messages:
    9,510
    Location:
    Boston area
    Snappy dresser!!
     
  14. frussell

    frussell One Too Many

    Messages:
    1,394
    Location:
    California Desert
    I think it's Major Monte Stone, who owned the saddlery. That name brought up the same photo in a museum collection.
     
    Bamaboots and Hurricane Jack like this.
  15. Walt Whitman

    [​IMG]
     
  16. InsolentPuppy

    InsolentPuppy A-List Customer

    Messages:
    338
    Location:
    Chicago, USA
    Found on tumblr. Unknown date and location.
    f258afdc-bf3a-4556-93e5-743d0b340751.jpg
     
    Frunobulax, Zombie_61 and BobHufford like this.
  17. Col. Arthur Weimar Thompson

    [​IMG]
     
    Frunobulax and Zombie_61 like this.
  18. Winston...

    [​IMG]
     
    TPD166, Frunobulax, Zombie_61 and 2 others like this.
  19. tropicalbob

    tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

    Messages:
    3,578
    Location:
    miami, fl
    Old Uncle Bill! I met him a number of times in the '70's in Manhattan. One time I ducked into the bar at 1 University Place to escape a downpour only to discover him, Ginzberg, Terry Southern, and Taylor Meade sitting at a table having lunch. They invited me to join them, and, well, it was memorable. Burroughs' opening line was, "Have a seat, m'boy, this table's in desperate need of some new blood."
     
    Zombie_61 and Bamaboots like this.
  20. InsolentPuppy

    InsolentPuppy A-List Customer

    Messages:
    338
    Location:
    Chicago, USA
    photo by Jacques Henri Lartigue
    de3cec73-a3d0-48b5-8121-cef658d5e1cc.jpg
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.