Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Jake, first row on the right holding the guitar. Looks like him, that and his real name was Leonard so, I'm guessing "Len" is a clue.

Yep!
87B49D42-1118-4DBB-AC0B-76F4D12680D2.jpeg

Leonard Slye

It's probably not him but I always imagined
Roy singing this tune when I was a kid. ;)

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
^^^^^
8AE5CFC1-01E0-49E2-826A-45B4324D4653.jpeg

Wm. F. Cody, "Buffalo Bill" wearing a
fringe buckskin jacket.

Ever since I saw "Little Big Man" (1970)
I wanted a buckskin jacket with fringes just like the one actor Richard Mulligan wore as General Custer in that specific color.
AC803B39-07A1-42E7-B26E-DFE214980FBB.jpeg

I found one in my size and in that color.
A year later whatever chemicals were used to achieve that light color... the jacket literally deteriorated to shreds.
And that was the end of my buckskin jacket craze in that color. :(

Last edited:
I wanted a buckskin jacket with fringes...
Jake, great minds travel in parallel & all that...I bought my jacket after seeing "Easy Rider" on opening weekend in 1969. It opened my eyes & had a tremendous effect on me at the time. The jacket has served me well thru my hippy yrs, some of the Urban Cowboy yrs, & on into my historical phase. It still fits me & I wear it to special events mostly. The color is called Pipestone. Besides the fringe I love the Buck stitching. I used to have a carved pipestone pipe which is now long gone. I need to buy another one before the clock starts ticking, I guess.

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
I've been to the museum a couple of times. I hope you toured the other museums while there, especially the Winchester Museum.

I really enjoyed it. We had just spent a week camping in the Tetons and Yellowstone. We were planning on only spending 2 hours there but think we spent more like 4, including a talk by the bird handlers. The Native American part was very good and if you mean the firearms part of the museum, I did go through that. Very informative and comprehensive; they have a LeMat revolver which is pretty awesome (I have an 1873 Lefaucheux inherited from a relative who used it during the War (he was a resistant), but not as impressive as the LeMat!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed it. We had just spent a week camping in the Tetons and Yellowstone. We were planning on only spending 2 hours there but think we spent more like 4, including a talk by the bird handlers. The Native American part was very good and if you mean the firearms part of the museum, I did go through that. Very informative and comprehensive; they have a LeMat revolver which is pretty awesome (I have an 1873 Lefaucheux inherited from a relative who used it during the War (he was a resistant), but not as impressive as the LeMat!).

Sounds like a great trip!

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Reminds me of Richard Wetherill (1858-1910), the first man to see Cliff Palace in Mesa Verde, CO ~800 yrs after abandoned by the Anasazi.

The Wetherill brothers: Al, Winslow, Richard, Clayton and John

View attachment 129431

View attachment 129432

800 years... pffff, long time. I went there 2 years ago, another special place. National Parks are really great, my kids also learn a lot with the Junior Ranger programs (and so do I, reading over their shoulders :)).

800 years... pffff, long time. I went there 2 years ago, another special place. National Parks are really great, my kids also learn a lot with the Junior Ranger programs (and so do I, reading over their shoulders :)).

You're right about it being a special place. If you don't feel it in your chest there's something wrong with you. The Anasazi lived there 700 yrs & they left food on the table, grass mat rugs on the floors, art on the walls, & corn in the cribs. They have now been gone 800 yrs & we still don't know where they went or why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner