Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Count the number of soft hats vs hard. Go. (Bonus: how many hatless people?)

1675960860952.png

Count the number of soft hats vs hard. Go. (Bonus: how many hatless people?)

View attachment 488155
I could spend a LOT of time studying this one......LOTS of cool hats and creases along with a few "what the hell is that??". Truly has almost every kind of hat available at the time...........really, really, interesting!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!!

buler

I'll Lock Up
I could spend a LOT of time studying this one......LOTS of cool hats and creases along with a few "what the hell is that??". Truly has almost every kind of hat available at the time...........really, really, interesting!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!!

Thanks, I'm glad it is appreciated. I think it goes a long way to showing the vast differences in hat styling that have been around since the turn of the century. It also illustrates how hard it is to "date" a hat based on its dimensions/style.

Side note: I did find one female in the crowd. I didn't find any hatless people.

Photo is courtesy of the Oregon Historical Society digital collection. If you go and search all images for "crowd" you should find the original (much larger) version.

buler

I'll Lock Up
J.M Scwoob. 1929.

"Jacob M. Schwoob was born in Ontario in 1874. At the age of 18 he immigrated to the United States, arriving first in Buffalo, New York, then moving to Cody, Wyoming, in 1898. He was business manager of the Cody Trading Company until 1916, when he purchased the store and became its owner. He served in the Wyoming Senate from 1905-1913 and was the author of the state's motor vehicle license law which had a numeral representing each county. Schwoob was honored with license plate number 1 for the term of his life. In 1909 Schwoob married Louise Preas, with whom he had a son, Thornton. Thornton Schwoob married Margaret Files in 1926 but died in 1928. In 1926 Jacob Schwoob married Mabel Laird Bulger, who survived him. Jacob Schwoob died in 1932."

1675973347308.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk