Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The nutcracker Kings are holding court......

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
All the nutcrackers in the photo were made in Germany. The companies making these are Steinbach, Ulbricht, Mueller, and Erzgebirge and the GDR. The green one in the middle has no company name, but the maker has marked his name on the bottom. This is the oldest nutcracker in my collection. I have had this particular one since 1972. We bought it at the old Strickfadden Christmas store formally located in Sandusky, Ohio.

This year, I am displaying all my German made nutcrackers throughout the house. Numbering just under 100 they are concentrated on the first floor. In the off season, each one is re-boxed in it's own box with label, including cost, time of purchase and origin of purchase.

0602016F-1ECF-4C7E-B483-FB755DBC4F5C.jpeg

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
I have about a 50/5o mix. Older, in this market, generally means made in the 60's or 70's. Thee newer ones are using a lot of resin instead of wood. They look nice, and generally have more detail, but the older German ones are very desirable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21