Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beauty Box thread

zombi

A-List Customer
Yeah, I think there's only 2 gals actually in Canada, unless you're counting me as the third because I'm the one shipping to Canada. In any case, I'll let you know when it comes, complete with photos.

And I'm TOTALLY up for round two, too. I wouldn't even mind shipping to the UK.

zombi

A-List Customer
Yes, it arrived today. Unfortunately ladies Friday - Sunday is my work week (with Monday devoted to sleep, cause... night shift), so I won't be able to take any pictures of this monstrosity :D or mail it out to the next person until Tuesday.

BUT I have barely sorted through and resolved to be SELFISH for once and TAKE THINGS OUT (lest I'll never get mine in...) there is quite a haul here, ladies. I'm seriously impressed!! I'll try to get through this and mail it out by Tuesday, but please understand if it takes me a little longer.

.... And I'm definitely taking this TokyoMilk perfume.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Please, be selfish!!! That's what the stuff is there for, and it is the only way to make room to put new items in.

I can't wait to see what kind of goodies you find. (The TokyoMilk perfume is awesome!)

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I'm glad y'all liked the perfume. They'd been sitting on my vanity for months, and I finally admitted to myself that I just didn't like them. :(. And I REALLY LOVED the name of that one that was "Gin and Rosewater". Darn!

But I had ulterior motives. Between what I put in the box, and what I've recently used up, I have a net loss of five bottles (out of about 20). So now I can go buy some more with a clean conscience.

zombi

A-List Customer
That's the one I'm keeping -- Gin & Rosewater. To have a clean conscience myself, I confess, I'm replacing it with a bottle of something else for the box ;)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I *almost* kept the gin & rosewater. I love it, it smells like a gin & tonic! I'm a sucker for warm florals though, so the Song in D Minor won out.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Sad to admit, but I've already started my bag for round 2! I buy so much makeup through ridiculous sales and just generally being a product whore that I always have an overload of extra stuff. :lol:

zombi

A-List Customer
PLEASE PARDON MY TARDINESS. I'll have this mailing to sweet Canada Monday morning, come hell or high water. My week has been abysmal.

zombi

A-List Customer
Okay gals, fear not, even though I just spent A WHOLE ENTIRE HOUR at the post office -- the box is on its way to the lovely C-dot right now!! The man at the counter made me fill the customs form out at LEAST 3 different times and got upset because I didn't know the exact number of hair pins in the box. Really.

So, anyway, I took pictures before I packed it all up, but I think I didn't post 'em. So here you go!:

6343595756_686592bf61_m.jpg

here's my haul -- lipstick, wave clips, hair scarves, these weird curler things???.... perfume, eyeshadow....

and here's the box!:
6342834491_c7c9dfda5b_m.jpg

zombi

A-List Customer
^ I couldn't either! He made me fill the customs form out over and over.

"How many hair pins ARE there?"
"Well, sir, I -- they're HAIR PINS. REALLY!?"

I'm interested to see how these weird sassy curlers or whatever they are called work. They looked so strange and interesting!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
What lipsticks & eyeshadows did you pick? I can't make them out in the picture, and I'm nosey. :lol:

We used to call those curlers "soft spikes." I don't know if that is the actual brand name!

zombi

A-List Customer
What lipsticks & eyeshadows did you pick? I can't make them out in the picture, and I'm nosey. :lol:

We used to call those curlers "soft spikes." I don't know if that is the actual brand name!
I took the "non-stop cherry" longwear lipstick and the REAL colors gold shimmery shadow -- I love that brand and I can't find it anywhere any more, so I had to have it! And I took a Revlon? I think color palette.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner