Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beauty Box thread

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
The box reached my town yesterday, but I didn't actually get it until tonight because of a problem with the package guy. Anyhow, here's what I took:

BeautyBox001.jpg

Burt's Bees conditioner - MAC Mineralize Powder in Lightscapade - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy Rides Again - Andrea False Eyelashes (Ignore the case, I had it before) - Jordana Black Eyeliner - Physicians Formula Dual Concealer - MAC Lipstick in MAC Red - MAC Sunpower Pigment in Solar Bits - Nivea Shimmer Lip Balm

BeautyBox.jpg

OPI Shatter Nailpolishes - China Glaze sparkle polishes.

I'm thrilled with my stash. I hope you all don't mind, but I let my mum take a peek in aswell, and she took a few things:

BeautyBox002.jpg

MAC Fafi Blush in Fashion Frenzy - Jordana Eyeliner in Parisian Plum - Carmex Cold Sore Balm

I have to repack the box tomorrow night, and then I'll be sending it to the East Coast. Thanks for all your contributions ladies, it was so exciting to go through the box! :)

Last edited:

olive bleu

One Too Many
Just sent my info to C-Dot..and looking forward to delving into the package! I have been peeking in from time to time to see where the package was and all the lovely finds,,but have not really contributed to the thread as i have been a lttle preoccupied lately..and for good reason..Today i witnessed the birth of my first grandchild!! a BOY!!I am over the moon ! Can't wait to receive the package ..and let me know where to send it next..i believe we are on to the 2nd round??

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
One suggestion. Don't combine the red Opi shatter with a black base coat. It was an unfortunate choice I tried. :)

Thanks for the tip - I was going to try that exact combination, actually lol Maybe it will look nice with silver.

I'm going to have to take some more things out of the box: I tried packing it up last night, and it was much too full. Also, Canada Post doesn't do flat rate - Packages ship by weight, so even if I'm only shipping to the East Coast it will cost me a million dollars if I ship it in its current state. I hope nobody minds...

In any event, I will ship it tomorrow evening, so you'll get it soon Olive :) Congratulations on the grandkiddie!

zombi

A-List Customer
Haha, C-dot, I see you took quite a few of the things I personally put in! I was clearing out my MAC ;)

Congrats on the grandbaby olive!! So glad the box made it safely to Canada!

olive bleu

One Too Many
Finally! The long awaited box has arrived!! i had a quick run through..and all i can say is "WOW", there is quite a bit of great stuff packed in there..i will try to make my selections over the weekend , get pictures posted and box back in the mail on Monday or Tuesday to ForthWorthGal to begin Round II.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Ok ladies..slowly but surely, i am getting my act together..here are the lovely things i chose..I am especially excited about the estee lauder lipstick as i have discovered a shade that i really like on me that i don't think i would ever have had the nerve to try, otherwise. It's made me rethink what i always thought were "my" colours". I think that's pretty neat.

Photo-0063.jpg

So.. I took the Vidal Sasson Flatiron( which was a Godsend because mine died the morning the box arrived:), grey headband with ribbon roses and the big green hair flower, which has a pin, so i will also wear it on a sweater...and a few of the crabtree and Evelyn samples.

Photo-0062.jpg

here the lipsticks are:Rimmel Moisture renew lipstick in ROSETTE, Ulta lipcolour in JUST KISSED, and Estee Lauder All-Day Lipstick in FROSTED APRICOT (Which I LOOOVE ♥ )
The blush is Prescriptives RAPHAEL PINK, Cargo Eyeshadow palette, Too Faced primer, estee lauder high gloss in HONEY, Estee lauder Pure Pops lip gloss in Fizzy Pear, & a glitter stick.oh, and the little Lipstick case..I apologize for the fuzziness of the pictures..it appears the usb cord for my camera has walked off..so i had to resort to my phone camera, which is pretty shabby.

I felt greedy taking out so much stuff..but i don't know how i will squeeze my stuff in even after all that..still so many lovely goodies left in there..so off i go to pack it all up and ship it off to Forthworthgal to commence Round 2!!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Great picks! I'm so glad to see you took so much stuff. Seriously, the box is so packed. Plus, you have to ship it back to the US, so you want it to be lighter. :D

I almost kept that grey headband with the flowers - so cute! I'm glad it found a good home.

olive bleu

One Too Many
True..especially with the flatiron..that will make a big difference..:) oh..and there was 1 other item..my teenage son saw the box and loved the Victoria Secret Appletini body spray..so he asked for that..:p..Unfortunately..he has nothing to put in unless someone is interested in a collection of AXE deodorant..but i will put in something extra.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
my teenage son saw the box and loved the Victoria Secret Appletini body spray..so he asked for that..:p

You're kidding! I put it in there because my boyfriend hated the smell, so funny to know that your son likes it! lol (That stuff is pre-Victoria's Secret ownership of La Senza, so they don't make it anymore.)

I'm glad you like the hair flower. The pin will come in handy. :)

olive bleu

One Too Many
yeah, he's special ;) when i was taking stuff out of the box, I said to my husband"I know someone who is going to ask for this body spray"..and sure enough when he came home and looked in the box, he zeroed in on it in about 10 seconds flat..lol..at least i don't have smelly kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner