Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beauty Box thread

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
Drum roll please. I finally made my selection- and it was tough!

2011-10-23193020.jpg

Obviously- A HAT!!!. Two scarves, two eye pencils, two lipsticks, some hair-waving clips, and a compact. Is this the compact someone else couldn't open? If so, I got it opened :)

BTW, the blue scarf on the bottom is mine- I thought it would make a nice backdrop.

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
Well, there was something I was hoping to get in the mail that I was going to add to the stash, but it isn't here:( So I'm putting the box in tomorrows mail- I'll send you the tracking number - but gosh it was hard getting that sucker closed!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ lol

I wasn't trying to nag, just can't wait to see what treasures are in there! I'm already prepared that I won't be able to fit all of my extra stuff in.

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
Marsha, did you mail the box? Just wondering when I need to start keeping an eye out for it! :)

I mailed it off today. I'll pm you with the tracking #. I didn't take it as nagging. Anticipation, yes. :)

One thing. I didn't realize until I had taped it back up- but I packed it "upside-down". Ooops.

BTW, I believe it is Lady Day who contributed the hat. Many thanks LD!

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I got the box! :D

It arrived yesterday - our mailman came late and we were at a friend's wedding, but when we got home late last night, it was waiting on the front porch. I'm going through it now. So much fun stuff!!!

I wanted to ask who put in the metal toothbrush with the black brush top that screws on? I'm not sure if it is an actual toothbrush or like a brow brush. My husband saw it (he was hovering when I opened the box) and went NUTS, he thinks it is the coolest thing he's ever seen. So... we'll be keeping that, I was just wondering who put it in and if you can buy replacement heads for it anywhere.

I'm still sorting through - there's a lot here! I'll post pictures probably later today or tomorrow.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Ok, I made my selections and managed to fit all of my stuff into the box! There were 2 items (things I had put in when I started the box) that were broken, so I took them out & tossed them, and I did mark them off the list & noted as broken.

Anyway, here's what I took out:

2u74x80.jpg

Ed Hardy geisha headband - I love these type headbands for when I'm using cold cream
Sephora chic prints appliques for nails in "Fishnet"
Spray-on shine serum for hair (I mostly took this because I could not fit it into the box!)
OPI nail polish "Altar Ego"
Sally Hansen nail polish "Black Diamond"
NYC nail polish "West Village"
Tokyomilk perfume "Song in D Minor"
ELF complexion/powder makeup brush
MAC plum lip liner
Metal toothbrush
L'Oreal HIP jelly lip balm in "Delectable"
NYX pink eyeshadow trio
Urban Decay eyeshadows in "Gunmetal" and "Perversion"

I'm really hoping to get the box mailed off to Zombi tomorrow, but it will probably be Tuesday.

crwritt

One Too Many
I was the one who put that toothbrush in. I think it came in a travel set that has long since gone, and I agree its a cool looking thing, but that's all I know about it. Tell him to use it in good health!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy