Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Marla

A-List Customer
Oh, such lovely things! I'm sorry for each and every loss.

My tale of woe: I had bought some adorable, dream-come-true late 50s/early 60s deadstock hot pink high waisted clamdiggers while home on break in early March. As the weather has been too chilly to wear them yet, I put them in my "summer" drawer alongside my shorts and things.

I went to get them last weekend and they've vanished! Now, I live in a dormitory suite with three other girls, who regularly have big parties in our room full of people I don't know. After a fruitless search of my tiny cement-cube dorm room, I'm starting to realize that pants don't just walk away on their own and my beautiful pink pedal pushers are probably stolen :cry:

How terrible! That sort of thing would have me looking for new roommates :eek:. But with your pants being such a distinctive item, at least you'll recognize them right away if you see someone wearing them on campus!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture3-3.png

1937 Hollywood Patterns catalog!

LD

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
My tale of woe: I had bought some adorable, dream-come-true late 50s/early 60s deadstock hot pink high waisted clamdiggers while home on break in early March. As the weather has been too chilly to wear them yet, I put them in my "summer" drawer alongside my shorts and things.

I went to get them last weekend and they've vanished! Now, I live in a dormitory suite with three other girls, who regularly have big parties in our room full of people I don't know. After a fruitless search of my tiny cement-cube dorm room, I'm starting to realize that pants don't just walk away on their own and my beautiful pink pedal pushers are probably stolen :cry:

It's creepy to think someone actually went through your clothing!

Marla's right, hopefully you'll spot them but then there's the sticky problem of getting them back.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Thanks Marla and Fuzzylizzie, it's a really creepy feeling! I'm having trouble picturing any of the girls at my school actually wearing high-waisted hot pink pants, but we shall see! My hope is that they were "borrowed" and will reappear soon...

LadyDay, that's an insane price for a hat pattern! The prices things go for on this thread just makes my head spin; I can't help but wonder who these people are who actually shell out $200 for rayon day dresses and $100+ for patterns. I envy them, that's for sure ;)

MaryMary

One of the Regulars

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
Did anyone notice the gorgeous green 30's 40's cotton day dress on Ebay? Sadly it was already lost to me when I saw it go above $85 but I honestly never predicted it would go to $213!!!! I love it, but when I think of some of the gorgeous evening gowns I could buy with that price tag...I dunno!!! What do you gals think- worth the bucks?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380328587420&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This is so funny!! I was watching this one, too! It was a little too big for me, and WAY out of my price range, but I loved it!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yeah, its pretty obscene. It jumped from $50 to $370 in one bid. I honestly think it was panic bidding.
I just cant understand that. I dont understand how that pattern will ever make back that value. I just cant process that.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy