Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Lorena B

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
$45. Reasonable really. Just more than I sniped.
!BdBFrtQCGk~$(KGrHqQH-EQEquqwi-FJBK3BDnoj9!~~_12.JPG
OOH!! that's so darling!!

Vanessa

One Too Many
Dear Lord in Heaven - this is a new record. I've never seen a single pattern go for this much, until now:

scan0005_375.jpg

This pattern just ended for $361.99.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(And if you're the one that bought it, I hate you. :p )

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Wow, someone wanted that pattern badly! It must be good to be able to spend that kind of money if you want something that much. :eek: :eek:

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I attended The Girlie Show art event Friday - all artists showing were women, and though most of the offerings seemed rather flavor-of-the-day, Etsy/owl/bird/urban hipster trendy (no offense, etc.), one vendor's booth drew me right in. She had created the most charming (if somewhat flamboyant) jewelry out of cast-off vintage pieces, rhinestones, metal, bakelite. Each item was attached to an antique photo, and had a hand-written title and description on the back; so charming. Her space was so crowded with browsers it was difficult to have a good look, but she did allow me to snap a few photos.
4085012414_b0169b7247_b.jpg

This large ivory piece was a hairbrush, minus handle and bristles. I coveted this one in particular, but the price was a bit beyond my impulse range.
4085012428_341d5715ce_b.jpg

4085012408_4449000562_b.jpg

Then Saturday we visited Tulsa, for some shop browsing and the vintage show. This strange cat painting got my attention, and the more I look at it now, I suspect if I ran across it again, I might end up buying it.
4084328505_bf6e9412be_b.jpg

Metal deco bedroom suite, in a mid-century shop.
4085150684_63cab320f4_b.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Vanessa said:
Dear Lord in Heaven - this is a new record. I've never seen a single pattern go for this much, until now:

scan0005_375.jpg

This pattern just ended for $361.99.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(And if you're the one that bought it, I hate you. :p )

Unbelievable. :eek: I was watching it, too, thinking "That won't go that high because the envelope's in bad shape". HA. Guess I was wrong!

Parfait

New in Town
The cat painting makes me so sad. I don’t know what it is about it, but the little cat looks so sad I find myself thinking “Just why is he so sad?! Why!?” That being said, I totally want it!

And I’m with the rest of you Ladies on the $360.00 pattern, I don’t understand how it could cost that much, but maybe it was someone’s Great-Grandmothers’ dress and they would do anything to have a copy and cherish it! Aww! Or, maybe not! Hah!

And I love love love the little collar on the dress on the left Cici!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
You know what? I have a skirt similar to the one on the bottom right. It's a J. Peterman I got in a thrift store of all places. Ever so Edwardian, "A Very Long Engagement" walking skirt thingie. Sadly, it has lots of tiny holes, from moth larvae I presume. Still, a fun, unique piece, and it's lined, so it's not as if my knickers will show through.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh, that $360 pattern!

it is so glorious. I did copy the picture that had the line drawing of front and back, so hopefully can make one like it someday (or have one made).
I can totally see paying that much for it if I was a dressmaker, a pattern reproducer, a costumer, or a serious collector. It's a really wonderful design.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Dang, and its my bust size! And no original envelope either. Ya gotta be kidding me for that price. But on the larger bust sizes patterns back then the waist and hips were also really big...

Lady Day said:
Apparently another seller was watching as well and is now offering a similar gown at a BIN price of $375 :eusa_doh:

LD

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
And couldn't we get Miss LaQuey to make that for us without having the original pattern? Maybe she already has this pattern in her large stash of vintage patterns anyway...:)

Miss 1929 said:
it is so glorious. I did copy the picture that had the line drawing of front and back, so hopefully can make one like it someday (or have one made).
I can totally see paying that much for it if I was a dressmaker, a pattern reproducer, a costumer, or a serious collector. It's a really wonderful design.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Parfait said:
The cat painting makes me so sad. I don’t know what it is about it, but the little cat looks so sad I find myself thinking “Just why is he so sad?! Why!?” That being said, I totally want it!

I feel completely the same looking at that painting! I'm a complete pushover for cats anyway!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner