Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The quest for a perfect fitting Aero goes on

borisna

A-List Customer
Hey jeo

It's hot like hell here !! I would say October-March the weather is cold enough to wear a FQHH jacket

Will Definitely post pics when the new jacket arrives :)

borisna

A-List Customer
So after thinking about this for a while, I changed my order a bit :

25" back instead of 24.5" with standard sloping front - 0.5" extra wont hurt thus can only help if I made a mistake with initial 24.5" measurement

new details:

-Standard sloping breast pocket
-2 inside G1 pockets with snap closure
-Double leather(leather lined) button cuffs, no storm cuffs
-Plain black cotton drill lining for body and sleeves (no leather strip on inside bottom)
-All pockets lined in white cotton drill
-brass hardware

After reading the comments and me wanting this to be a trim fitting jacket I decided to ditch the extra bulk of the leather strip on the inside bottom (cotton drill should hold just fine without it) and the corduroy lined pockets.

Thank you gents for your comments, I appreciate your help very very much :)

On a different topic - getting in shape is super expensive !! All my clothes are now a size too big with the Aero jacket being the most expensive to replace of course :D

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Wallis you are one CRAZY dude !!! And with that story this is now officially your thread :)

The HWM looks awesome on you !! perfect sleeve and back length
And if you compare our fit pics :

You can see that unlike all the creases in back and front I had wearing the HWM you fill out the jacket perfectly, so basically it was made for you :D

I am very happy the jacket turned out so good for you, enjoy it :)

Boris

I'm catching up on some old posts... Not sure how I missed this one a few months ago!

It's interesting to read through the thing all at once. Anyone who thought the jacket wasn't too large on Boris need only see Wallis' pictures. Most of the custom jackets on here don't fit that perfectly!

So in my continuing internal dialogue of "Highwayman vs. Long Half-Belt," I've begun to wonder if I have the upper body to fill out a Highwayman. Daniel Craig I am not. Thoughts?

Also, on a related tangent, I have a trip coming up with a layover in Seattle, but after checking, my layovers aren't going to be long enough to grab a taxi to Insurrection Apparel. Shoot!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav