Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Red Baron (2007)

Rob

Familiar Face
Ah, excellent. Some interesting opinions there but, hopefully with the movie closer to release we'll get more people talking about it than that previous thread :)

Ed Bass

One of the Regulars
I'm looking forward to the movie and perhaps, a new viewpoint that sheds some light on this extaordinary young airman's life outside of his textbook heroics.
I'm certain there was more to the man than just being an efficient yet honorable killer.

Best, Toots

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I guess we'll see. I hate it when I read a quote like this.

Director Nikolai M?ºllersch??n has said:
A meticulous reconstruction of the Baron's life and the historical setting was not uppermost in mind, that didn't interest me so much. It is more important to see what is relevant for people today. I saw no sense in making the film like a well-researched documentary. However, during my preparation on the film and looking into the story of his life, the man seems to be more like how I thought he should be.[

Rob

Familiar Face
Story said:
So interesting, I had included it in the first post, aye ;)

J. M. Stovall said:
I guess we'll see. I hate it when I read a quote like this.

Director Nikolai Müllerschön has said:
A meticulous reconstruction of the Baron's life and the historical setting was not uppermost in mind, that didn't interest me so much. It is more important to see what is relevant for people today. I saw no sense in making the film like a well-researched documentary. However, during my preparation on the film and looking into the story of his life, the man seems to be more like how I thought he should be.[
Well, we'll see how it goes. Most historical movies do this; it's not a new phenomenon. I think I could count on one hand the movies out there that are truly "historically accurate".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart