Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Return of The Three Piece Suit

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
LindyTap said:
I'm surprised no one has really brought this up, but at least among my generation (college age) the three piece suit is not enjoying a comeback, but the vest is. A lot of my friends will put on a vest and dress pants in place of a suit when they need to get dressed up. I think the thinking is that a vest looks more tailored than just a dress shirt, but not as stuffy as a suit. I, of course, disagree about the suit being stuffy, but I do agree that a vest is better than nothing. Plus a vest can be worn casually, with blue jeans and the sort. It kind of makes me wonder if in the future a "suit" will basically just be a vest and pants without a jacket. [huh]

Yea, I noticed here in New York the vest is popular. I have vests, but ones that don't go with jackets. I normally don't go outside with just a shirt and vest without a jacket, unless the weather permits. In general I prefer suit or sport jackets instead of vests. I only find suits stuffy in warm weather. I find if it's 60 deegrees or below, suit jackets are quite comfortable.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Feraud said:
I know this topic has been talked to death on the Lounge but for the new folks..
Let us not assume that anyone who doesn't dress like us is somehow immature or morally bankrupt. It's only clothes.
A cursory glance in the past will shows plenty of immature well dressed creeps.

Let's enjoy our small clique without judging the other guy too harshly.

I try to judge people by their clothes and tats, it's just soo hard nowadays.

kuwisdelu

Familiar Face
check out these new 3-pieces from Corneliani:

corneliani.png

and look at the rise on this Ralph Lauren!

00080m.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I like the Ralph Lauren. Good clean lines. But that Corneliani drives me nuts as you can see the belt buckle at the base of the vest. Too low rise. But hey, that is just a personal preference I guess.

Cheers!

Dan

OzDresser

New in Town
That brown looks about as tight as Spiderman's costume. The gray one is getting there. I don't see how that can be comfortable. None of my suits look like that. Two thumbs up for 3-pieces, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy