Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Roaring 20's roar again in Berlin

Edward

Bartender
Shame about the idiots leaving comments to the article.... I must check out that scene when I'm next in Berlin, though. Haven't been over since 2002; really keen to get back, I adore it there. One of my favourite European cities.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I thought the same myself Edward regarding the comments...
rolleye0001.gif

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't see any comments. Did they refer to the 30s and 40s rather than the 20s? I could imagine then...:rolleyes:

But I was at the Boheme Sauvage Party and know the clothes from Charming Styles. Both are kinda nice but not the holy grail.
The BH can be pretty costume-like and they play modern music like Dresden Dolls too. I would prefer an event with pre-50s swing but I am okay with Neo-Swing too.

Hey Mario. Do you plan to visit the BH Party in August? I will be there. :)

Bustercat

A-List Customer
I think it's great. I saw some jaw-dropping burlesque, with period dress everywhere, at the Spree Strandbar a couple of years ago. Amazing where a young lady performer can comfortably hide her diamond necklace until producing it during the climax of "diamonds are a girl's best friend." :eek:

Floey, what's Berlin like these days?
Last I heard it was fad-of-the-moment destination for brooklyn trendys. Hope you aren't overun.

Half of my family's Austrian, so I've had the fortune to go every 5 years or so. I lived in Pankow and Kreuzberk for a while in 06.

Lottie

Familiar Face
Flat Foot Floey said:
I can't see any comments. Did they refer to the 30s and 40s rather than the 20s? I could imagine then...:rolleyes:
There you go:

Bild4-2.png

People are just sad, really.

Bustercat said:
Floey, what's Berlin like these days?
Last I heard it was fad-of-the-moment destination for brooklyn trendys. Hope you aren't overun.

That would explain the ENORMOUS amount of hipsters in my area! And the annoying habit of stuck-up bartenders to not be able to speak a word of German..

Lottie

Familiar Face
Bustercat said:
Echt?!
They're not only there, they have jobs?
:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Well, I think it is rude to not even try to learn the language of the country you're living in, especially if you're working as a service person.
And it's even more rude to be unfriendly and stuck up to everybody you serve if they don't happen to have an askew haircut and leggings.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
I agree wholeheartedly. Doubly so if you've got the money to be someplace else and are there by choice.
Crazy that they leave the states with pockets full of money and get jobs considering the unemployment in Berlin. And to not show any respect as a guest in another country? Forget it.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I fully agree with the both of you Lottie and Bustercat. I'm surprised that there are those working there who don't learn the language and are in that position of serving others...amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR