Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The School of Hard Knox

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Good plan on getting the high quality sweatband, Howardeye. A quality hat deserves a quality sweatband.

I have never heard of Black Sheep Hatworks. I have a vintage Dobbs beaver top hat dating to around 1940 or before. The threading of the sweatband is dry rotted, so the band is pulling away from the hat. I desperately want to keep the original high quality band, which is in beautiful shape and embossed. I have had a very hard time finding someone that can do that. They all want to scrap it for a new one. Art Fawcett says he might be able to do it, but I'll look into Black Sheep, too.

Enjoy.

Matt

Ormazd

One of the Regulars
IMG_00322.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

I just won a hat on eBay with similar logos. Never saw anyone date these in the thread.

The round SUPERFINE logo with the globe appeared elsewhere in a 1913 ad. I know the hat is not nearly that old, but am thinking maybe late 1930s or early 1940s?

I just won a hat on eBay with similar logos. Never saw anyone date these in the thread.

The round SUPERFINE logo with the globe appeared elsewhere in a 1913 ad. I know the hat is not nearly that old, but am thinking maybe late 1930s or early 1940s?

This Knox Superfine mark was in use for many years. The hat you've posted is post WWII I believe... not sure about the hat you purchased. Look forward to seeing photos of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn