Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The School of Hard Knox

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK, how 'bout a thread for our Knox lids? Mine's led a hard life, with a hole in the felt and at least one renovation as evidenced by a tag inside. Here goes...

Knox20Grey09.jpg

I rebashed it so that the hole in the felt at the front of the crown doesn't show. I guess that's the best that can be done. It's wonderful felt, very soft and in good shape otherwise. It does have the Cav edge.

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Love that white Knox Vagabond, it reminds me of that little short crook in those Bugs Bunny cartoons - you know the guy, never saw his face, and only came up to the waist of the big galoot thug he hung out with..:D

dv

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
My recent Knox...

D113.jpg

D115.jpg

D116.jpg

It's so soft it just takes what ever bash I put into it yet holds it nicely. The turkey feather was added by the seller. I like the idea of a feather in this one so I may try to get something more colorful for it.

Baron: I dig on that Tom N' Jerry, the brim stitching is rather interesting. Very nice indeed!:eusa_clap

Douglas: As usual, a stunning lid.:eusa_clap

Tony: Even with the hole in it, it is still a fine looking hat. There are just some folks that can make it work quite well. Good show!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
I'll toss in a few...

First and foremost is my Knox 100:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jtban1/album/576460762329105978
To this day, this is still the only Knox 100 I've seen or even heard about. And the more I've seen what's happened to vintage hat prices, the more surprised I am I paid $28 for it on ebay.

Next is my Knox 20:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jtban1/album/576460762329106067
One of my favorite hats, and along with my gray Dunlap Superior, the hat I'm likely to wear with dark suits. Found it in a vintage store in the Careytown neighborhood of Richmond.

And here is my most recently acquired Knox, the midnight blue Tom 'n' Jerry with its shimmering metallic brim stitching:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jtban1/album/576460762392657274

DOUGLAS

My Lord, that blue Tom&Jerry is one of the most beautiful hats I ever seen.

DOUGLAS

I mean it too. It is absolutely grand. Every so often a hat come s up that is truely special .... This is one!!

Visigoth

A-List Customer
A question: is a Knox Fifteen from an earlier period liable to be a higher-end hat than a later Knox Twenty? (Assuming inflation?)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Visigoth said:
A question: is a Knox Fifteen from an earlier period liable to be a higher-end hat than a later Knox Twenty? (Assuming inflation?)

Funny you should ask that. My grey Knox Twenty shown above top is a very fine vintage felt hat - BUT my Knox Fifteen Tom & Jerry is far superior and does seem older to me due to the actual embroidered liner and other indicators. The T & J felt is amazing.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Interesting. And what was "Tom and Jerry" all about? I take it they didn't make felt out of cat and mouse fur...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko