Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
Maybe I just need a change of scene! I'm looking to move out of the Dakotas and back to civilization, so to speak. I don't know if I like living in a state where people are outnumbered by cows.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally Posted by carter
He was seeing FDR off and is reported to have said to photographers on the runway, "You simply cannot do this to me.", in order that photos not be taken.

Ada Veen said:
Did they take the picture? If not, then I yearn for the days of such considerate paparazzi.

Ms. Ada Veen, To the best of my knowledge, the photo was not taken. With Churchill and Roosevelt on a runway, at night, in Casablanca, during WWII, any photographer with the temerity to take that photo would likely have been shot.

carter

I'll Lock Up
But never deep enough!

M Tatterscratch said:
Carter,
Ah, I almost left out these fine points...
Cards are indeed left in a tray in the hall, or with a servant. If the booty-callee wishes to encourage social intercourse with the booty-caller, a card sent in return will suffice. However, if the card is sent in an envelope, this is a polite sign of refusal, and must be respected.
As for evening attire, it depends on whether or not the caller is invited to sit or must remain standing. In the latter case, tails are appropriate, as they lengthen the line of the figure and prevent drafts from reaching the backs of the legs. But if a more lengthy call is being paid, a short jacket or dressing gown, preferably of dark velvet or silk, would be the norm.
The RAF Air Marshal's cap is left to the host's discretion, but I can say with authority that an an Air Marshal's cap always makes me feel more virile. Mine is . It also has a very nice cigar-holder, in case the lady requires a place to rest her La Perfecta. I am nothing if not considerate.
Authoritatively,
T.

T., Thank you for this clarification.

One more question, if I may. Is your RAF Air Marshall's cap actually "quilted, embellished with red dragons, and monogrammed" or does that refer to your dressing gown?

Actually, two questions are in order. Which comes with the cigar holder, the RAF Air Marshall's cap or your dressing gown? Or...this this another singular item in your ensemble?

It is never good form to be either underdressed or uninformed.

Inquisitively,
Carter

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
what is this thing called a "date"? some exotic fruit? lol

Sounds vaguely familiar. Very vaguely. Then again, I'll be starting new hours at work ... swing shift. Added to the fact that I'll have the kids 3 or 4 days a week, and I may never see one of these "dates" again. :(

Richard

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
Locktown, if you ever feel lonely the Lounge is here waiting for you. ;)

To Diamondback-While I appreciate the offer, I have my own chest-waders for just such an occasion. That's one thing about gals from the Midwest-we come prepared!

fatwoul

Practically Family
LocktownDog said:
...I may never see one of these "dates" again...

You're better off without them. Dates can kill. Just look at the monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

...I'll get my coat. :eek:

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
carter said:
T., Thank you for this clarification.

One more question, if I may. Is your RAF Air Marshall's cap actually "quilted, embellished with red dragons, and monogrammed" or does that refer to your dressing gown?

Actually, two questions are in order. Which comes with the cigar holder, the RAF Air Marshall's cap or your dressing gown? Or...this this another singular item in your ensemble?

It is never good form to be either underdressed or uninformed.

Inquisitively,
Carter

Yes, my RAF cap is "customised". Both my cap and dressing gown have cigar holders - In the former case, it's a built-in ashtray on the flat bit at the top. In the latter case, it's called a pocket.

T.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
I only just realised that I probably shouldn't be posting in here.

Shelve that crack about the "ridiculously good-lookin'" part, Carter - I see it coming!

Well, I'll just post 50% less often.

Oops,

T.

P.S. - You're single, Ms. Fourstar?!? Was there some sort of Y-Chromosome-specific plague in South Dakota? Does "Brokeback Mountain" have a huge cult following out there? As they say where I come from, "Now that just don't make no sense at'all..."

Watch out for these boys - They bite. Especially Diamondback, and he's venomous.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
Sounds vaguely familiar. Very vaguely. Then again, I'll be starting new hours at work ... swing shift. Added to the fact that I'll have the kids 3 or 4 days a week, and I may never see one of these "dates" again. :(

Richard
Eh, swing shift *shudders* look at it this way, its still better than graveyard!! *double shudders*

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
fourstarbanner said:
Locktown, if you ever feel lonely the Lounge is here waiting for you. ;)

To Diamondback-While I appreciate the offer, I have my own chest-waders for just such an occasion. That's one thing about gals from the Midwest-we come prepared!

That's hot. :D

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
M Tatterscratch said:
I only just realised that I probably shouldn't be posting in here.

Shelve that crack about the "ridiculously good-lookin'" part, Carter - I see it coming!

Well, I'll just post 50% less often.

Oops,

T.

P.S. - You're single, Ms. Fourstar?!? Was there some sort of Y-Chromosome-specific plague in South Dakota? Does "Brokeback Mountain" have a huge cult following out there? As they say where I come from, "Now that just don't make no sense at'all..."

Watch out for these boys - They bite. Especially Diamondback, and he's venomous.

That's what I'm thinking. Those farmboys need to get down to Target and see what's sparkling behind the jewelry counter.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt