Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
M Tatterscratch said:
MISS HAZE is SINGLE?!?!?!? For heaven's sake, I had the lady up as my wallpaper two weeks ago! What on EARTH is going ON? Something is simply NOT right out there...

If I were single and tattooed I wouldn't be typing this. I'd be packing.

Don't drink the water out here! It makes you STUPID!

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Miss Brill said:
I think Brandon is Mexican and white--we have people of that mixture in Tennessee too, but the only guy I've seen who looked anything remotely like him was from Iraq. ;)

Well, Chicago is crawling with them! Mostly Puerto Rican boys. Can't say for the Iraqis. The only Iraqi I've known was my landlord in London, and he bore no resemblance whatsoever to the Incubus chap. The Puerto Rican kid that lived downstairs from me when I first arrived in Chicago was a pocket-sized version of him at around 5'4". Too bad you left - You'd be up to your knees in little, pretty, shirtless boys by now...

T.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
Well that's the only reasoning I have for why these AZ boys don't notice us pretty ladies.

I've known a few ladies from Arizona, but they were sunburnt, luggage-skinned types in cowboy boots. I can't imagine that you ladies don't look like angels in comparison. Who are these chaps going for? Who are they dating? Who are they trying to date?

T

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
M Tatterscratch said:
I've known a few ladies from Arizona, but they were sunburnt, luggage-skinned types in cowboy boots. I can't imagine that you ladies don't look like angels in comparison. Who are these chaps going for? Who are they dating? Who are they trying to date?

T

Floozys? I dunno.

Both Lo and are are porcelain beauties her more so than I.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Miss Brill said:
Boys and jobs. This area is dead for getting a good one of either.

That seems to be the concensus, by and large, with only one strange exception I know of. My ex-girlfriend who raises horses snagged the neighbourhood millionaire, just by virtue of having a brain. He's handsome, older, and has good common sense - Ladies had been after him for years, but he was a real rarity down there, and so was she, it seems.

My other ex, Virginia, had a dreadful ex-husband who was about par for the course. He worked at a foundry of some kind, and even though he had a job which paid decently, he would only work long enough to get a wad of cash, and then take time off and blow it on the most noisome females nature could devise. Even though Virginia was quite a smart girl, there was no decent work to be had, and when she did manage to find a job, her ex would make sure to wreck it for her by picking fights with her, calling her work and harassing her, and so forth. Crabs in a pot, pulling one another down...

Funny that some of the prettiest land is inhabited by some of the most unusual people...

T.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
Floozys? I dunno.

I believe I've only seen your little picture in the box, but with your poise and lovely hair I can't think that someone isn't noticing! Doesn't anyone give you ladies a second glance, or is it only the kind of chap you don't want?

I am absolutely dumbfounded that Miss Haze is single! Perhaps I heard it and refused to believe it...

T.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
M Tatterscratch said:
I believe I've only seen your little picture in the box, but with your poise and lovely hair I can't think that someone isn't noticing! Doesn't anyone give you ladies a second glance, or is it only the kind of chap you don't want?

I am absolutely dumbfounded that Miss Haze is single! Perhaps I heard it and refused to believe it...

T.

I have misc pictures scattered around the Lounge. The larger versions are in the "Ladies of the Lounge" thread.

I think that's my problem. I have to walk in her glittering shadow.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Floozys? I dunno.

Some men only like generic-looking women. Some women look like themselves rather than everyone else. I didn't look like my peers 15 years ago, and I don't look like my peers (or juniors) now either. I'm not going to shop at American Eagle, flat-iron my hair, get a tan, wear low-rise jeans with a butterfly tattoo on my back, and try to look like everyone else. If a man likes me, he likes me, if he doesn't, he doesn't.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Miss Brill said:
Some men only like generic-looking women. Some women look like themselves rather than everyone else. I didn't look like my peers 15 years ago, and I don't look like my peers (or juniors) now either. I'm not going to shop at American Eagle, flat-iron my hair, get a tan, wear low-rise jeans with a butterfly tattoo on my back, and try to look like everyone else. If a man likes me, he likes me, if he doesn't, he doesn't.

I feel the same way Miss Brill though I feel there are more men who don't than those who do. Well come to think of it any number is larger than zero.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Misses Brill and Dahlia,

Do you suppose men are intimidated by your confidence or style? I don't mean to sound tritely complimentary in saying that, either - I've actually watched men quail in the presence at least one lady-friend of mine - They see her in her finery and you can watch them do the math: Beautiful dress, perfect makeup, lovely face, go-to-church-hat, graceful and confident walk = Above My Reach.

I think a lot of ordinary chaps see a confident lady, all dressed up, and equate it with either money or unattainability. NOT that I'm suggesting you alter one hair on your lovely heads to accommodate anyone!

T.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
M Tatterscratch said:
Misses Brill and Dahlia,

Do you suppose men are intimidated by your confidence or style? I don't mean to sound tritely complimentary in saying that, either - I've actually watched men quail in the presence at least one lady-friend of mine - They see her in her finery and you can watch them do the math: Beautiful dress, perfect makeup, lovely face, go-to-church-hat, graceful and confident walk = Above My Reach.

I think a lot of ordinary chaps see a confident lady, all dressed up, and equate it with either money or unattainability. NOT that I'm suggesting you alter one hair on your lovely heads to accommodate anyone!

T.

Don't worry I won't alter. And I absolutely do not find it attractive when a guy doesn't have the *ahem* to tell a girl she's lovely.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
I have misc pictures scattered around the Lounge. The larger versions are in the "Ladies of the Lounge" thread.

I think that's my problem. I have to walk in her glittering shadow.

Nooooo, never, ever walk in anyone's shadow - That's what parasols are for. ;)

I just went and found your Christmas photograph, and you're lovely, Dear, perfectly lovely.

I don't know how your personalities affect your demeanour - so much depends on grace and conviviality - things that the camera can't capture - but I can only think that unless you're shy, Miss Haze would make a lovely foil, but not a competitor (competitrix?) for your looks - You with your dark curls and her with her platinum locks... How can this not be working? Do you really feel like she's stealing your thunder? Is the old blonde-versus-brunette chestnut really happening? In Chicago you'd both be booked solid with dates!

T.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Miss Brill said:
with a butterfly tattoo on my back

Excellent detail, Miss Brill. lol It's almost the international symbol for "little blonde dumb@ss" these days. I worked as an apprentice at a tattoo studio while I was in grad school, and the sheer number of bloody butterflies we had come through was stunning! And all on the mall-store tailbones of little tan clones...

T.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
My mother teased me once that it was funny walking behind me because she got to see the expressions on men's faces & watch them turn to look at me when I passed. She said it was also strange because they didn't leer so much as they looked sad. [huh]

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
M Tatterscratch said:
Nooooo, never, ever walk in anyone's shadow - That's what parasols are for. ;)

I just went and found your Christmas photograph, and you're lovely, Dear, perfectly lovely.

I don't know how your personalities affect your demeanour - so much depends on grace and conviviality - things that the camera can't capture - but I can only think that unless you're shy, Miss Haze would make a lovely foil, but not a competitor (competitrix?) for your looks - You with your dark curls and her with her platinum locks... How can this not be working? Do you really feel like she's stealing your thunder? Is the old blonde-versus-brunette chestnut really happening? In Chicago you'd both be booked solid with dates!

T.

Thank you for the compliment.

Lo and I play around like that IRL. She likes to be the center of attention.

I know for a fact though she gets more dates than I do. But she'd probably tell you otherwise. ;)

Miss Brill

One Too Many
M Tatterscratch said:
Excellent detail, Miss Brill. lol It's almost the international symbol for "little blonde dumb@ss" these days. I worked as an apprentice at a tattoo studio while I was in grad school, and the sheer number of bloody butterflies we had come through was stunning! And all on the mall-store tailbones of little tan clones...

T.

There are millions of those 'Girls Gone Wild' girls running around. That is all women look like anymore. I've never seen so many people who look alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner