Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
I think the bearer of the cheesecake is at work at the moment ..lol... Otherwiiiiiiiiise lookie at Ms Pinks avatar....she has quite the loverly chzcake photo going on, check out the full size one at ladies of the lounge;)

And if you have any questions you may direct them to Faythe, my publicist. :D

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Pink and Tatterscratch... You two are so funny! To answer your question, I don't go out on dates. The last date I went on was back in July. I really liked the bloke too. He was good looking and successful, but then I found out something about him I just wasn't too happy with so we kinda went our seperate ways. But yeah, I don't get asked out on dates ever. Don't let Pink fool ya, she isn't living in my glittered shadow, believe me, when we go out she is the gally that gets all the boys. Well her and Sally anyway. Me, not so much.

oh... yeah... and I am still waiting for Mark Grace to realize that he is hoplessly in love with me and cannot spend one more moment away from me.

Gatsby84

Familiar Face
You know, I thought being single was a curse back when I started college, but after having one bad relationship and getting a job while still in school I realize I don't have the time to treat a respectable lady like she deserves.

The only time I do get to myself is when I make time for my hobbies: shooting and rock collecting.

Have any of you have looked at it from this point of view?

-Allen

(sorry for my uncouth way of breaking into the conversation)

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Gatsby84 said:
You know, I thought being single was a curse back when I started college, but after having one bad relationship and getting a job while still in school I realize I don't have the time to treat a respectable lady like she deserves.

The only time I do get to myself is when I make time for my hobbies: shooting and rock collecting.

Have any of you have looked at it from this point of view?

-Allen

(sorry for my uncouth way of breaking into the conversation)

Well, certainly. But I would like someone to share the hobbies with, once in a while.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
LolitaHaze said:
Pink and Tatterscratch... You two are so funny! To answer your question, I don't go out on dates. The last date I went on was back in July. I really liked the bloke too. He was good looking and successful, but then I found out something about him I just wasn't too happy with so we kinda went our seperate ways. But yeah, I don't get asked out on dates ever. Don't let Pink fool ya, she isn't living in my glittered shadow, believe me, when we go out she is the gally that gets all the boys. Well her and Sally anyway. Me, not so much.

oh... yeah... and I am still waiting for Mark Grace to realize that he is hoplessly in love with me and cannot spend one more moment away from me.

Don't worry, Miss - I ain't fooled none. ;)

I'm sure that neither of you ladies have much of a company shortage. Everyone in America just wants what they don't or can't have.

Uh-oh, skeletons in the closet! Did you find out by chance, or did he at least tell you? There are a number of companies that run background checks for ladies looking at prospective beaus these days, and I've heard they're making quite a tidy sum. If only there was a service for men to check for a past history of holiday sex and frumpy sleepwear... Hey wait -
icon3.gif
I'll be RICH!

My "dates" were always more like "happenings" until I got to Chicago. With my schedule there, the "date" worked better, at least initially. The best of them still turned into happenings, though.

I hate to show my ignorance (outside of my natural inclination to do so unintentionally), but who is Mark Grace, or is it a secret crush? [huh]

And I did actually have you as part of my wallpaper about two weeks ago. Alas, you were replaced by the Miss Universe 1927 shot from The Cad, but look how many girls it took to dethrone you!

T.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
The last date I had was around Thanksgiving. The dude got drunk and acted the fool. There has been no second date. Before that my last date was before Tax Day 2007. I had a bf but he broke up with me to "find himself."

Edward

Bartender
Hey, well. The last thing I went on that in retrospect I guess might have vaguely qualified as a date was well over a year ago now, but to be honest I'm increasingly less inclined to go looking for a relationship. I'm realising that over time it has become less and less of a priority to me. [huh]

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
What can I say? I'm flabbergasted. Edward, I think an Irish chap would be a smash in the States, and the Arizona ladies would have a full dance card in Chicago. Maybe you should examine your geographical options...

QUESTION: If all you kids are single, and this is a Vintage-rich environment, why aren't you all falling for each other and running off after meeting on the internet like the rest of the Western World seems to be doing?

Be brutally honest - Are the kind of people you're reeeeeaaalllllly looking for not on here? Who are they? What should they be like? Do vintage sex-kittens really want big-trousered tattooed thugs, and do smartly-waistcoated men-about-town secretly want bare-midriffed, dolphin-tattooed bints? It would look a bit odd, going down the street together...

T.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
M Tatterscratch said:
QUESTION: If all you kids are single, and this is a Vintage-rich environment, why aren't you all falling for each other and running off after meeting on the internet like the rest of the Western World seems to be doing?

Simple. Everyone's too darn far away. :D What am I supposed to do? Drive seven hours to take Faythe out to lunch? I think most of us are posting in this thread for more of a sounding board and a confidence boost. I would love to find a "vintage partner", but never considered using this place to do so. You guys and gals are the best support group, however.

Faythe - Thai okay? Mmmm, rice noodles in green chili and coconut sauce. ;)

Richard

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Why are you pickn on my dolphn?? Tatterscratch, not very kindly of yous...lol...not midriff and yes sometimes it is bare!!:p
Me Pink are gonna come over to Germany and pop you upside the head pickn on tats buddy!:p lol :p

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia said:
The last date I had was around Thanksgiving. The dude got drunk and acted the fool. There has been no second date. Before that my last date was before Tax Day 2007. I had a bf but he broke up with me to "find himself."

I don't get it. If I were him, I would have "found myself" next to you as much as possible. ;)

Richard

pretty faythe

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
Simple. Everyone's too darn far away. :D What am I supposed to do? Drive seven hours to take Faythe out to lunch? I think most of us are posting in this thread for more of a sounding board and a confidence boost. I would love to find a "vintage partner", but never considered using this place to do so. You guys and gals are the best support group, however.

Faythe - Thai okay? Mmmm, rice noodles in green chili and coconut sauce. ;)

Richard
sure, but I have the feeling by the time you got here you wouldn't be hungry any more, with the 7 hour drive.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou