Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
LocktownDog said:
What am I supposed to do? Drive seven hours to take Faythe out to lunch?

Yep.

Women frequently claim to be able to tell if they're attracted to a man within the first five minutes of being around him. If you cut out all the tap-dancing and (admittedly fun) coy stuff, you can tell if it's got that basic swing or if it ain't.

And even if her dolphin tattoo drives you off :D , you still had a swell road trip and made a vintage pal - How can you LOSE, I ask?

99% Moss-Free,

T.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
pretty faythe said:
Why are you pickn on my dolphn?? Me Pink are gonna come over to Germany and pop you upside the head pickn on tats buddy!:p lol :p

I apprenticed at a tattoo studio for two years, so I don't have a thing against them in general. I just don't get the dolphin-and-butterfly thing. They're the baseball caps of tattoos! :eek: :D

Why not a shark or a budgie or a star-nosed mole?

T. is for Tattoo

pretty faythe

One Too Many
M Tatterscratch said:
I apprenticed at a tattoo studio for two years, so I don't have a thing against them in general. I just don't get the dolphin-and-butterfly thing. They're the baseball caps of tattoos! :eek: :D

Why not a shark or a budgie or a star-nosed mole?

T. is for Tattoo
The dolphin was my first....Save the Dolpins!!!! Back in the save the world, enoviro days. Its my soul animal...cant think this early and now i am in a rush just saw what time it is...opps!! back in a flash...lol

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
M Tatterscratch said:
Don't worry, Miss - I ain't fooled none. ;)

I'm sure that neither of you ladies have much of a company shortage. Everyone in America just wants what they don't or can't have.

Uh-oh, skeletons in the closet! Did you find out by chance, or did he at least tell you? There are a number of companies that run background checks for ladies looking at prospective beaus these days, and I've heard they're making quite a tidy sum. If only there was a service for men to check for a past history of holiday sex and frumpy sleepwear... Hey wait -
icon3.gif
I'll be RICH!

My "dates" were always more like "happenings" until I got to Chicago. With my schedule there, the "date" worked better, at least initially. The best of them still turned into happenings, though.

I hate to show my ignorance (outside of my natural inclination to do so unintentionally), but who is Mark Grace, or is it a secret crush? [huh]

And I did actually have you as part of my wallpaper about two weeks ago. Alas, you were replaced by the Miss Universe 1927 shot from The Cad, but look how many girls it took to dethrone you!

T.

He told me. I didn't much care for it so instead of trying to change him or convince him or whatver you could call it... I just let go. Pity too.

Mark Grace is currently one of the broadcasters for the AZ Diamondbacks. He played 13 years with the Chi Cubs and when they didn't want to renew his contract in 2000 he moved to the AZ Diamondbacks and helped win the 2001 World Series. He played with the AZ Diamondbacks until 2003.
IM000192b-1.jpg

Well... damn... I always lose out to beauty queens! Hahahahaha

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Doh! My glaring ignorance of these things thus becomes glaringly apparent.

When the White Sox won the World Series whenever that was, I thought there was some kind of riot going on, what with all the car horns and shouting. It wasn't until I called a friend that I found out that it was the World Series. Totally oblivious.

I was horrified to walk into the Ritz Carlton for tea one Sunday to discover a huge tee-vee set in the Greenhouse. Flabbergasted, I asked why on earth they'd brought the horrible thing into the room. They looked at me like I was from Mars and said, "It's Superbowl Sunday..."

Oh. :eek:

Sports-dumb,

T.

LolitaHaze said:
But yeah, I don't get asked out on dates ever. Don't let Pink fool ya, she isn't living in my glittered shadow, believe me, when we go out she is the gally that gets all the boys. Well her and Sally anyway. Me, not so much.
Well, Miss Lolita, I'd be inclined to ask if I were down your way, but alas my finances and your tastes in same would probably be incompatible.

Gatsby84 said:
The only time I do get to myself is when I make time for my hobbies: shooting and rock collecting.

Have any of you have looked at it from this point of view?
Allen, as the lovely mademoiselle from LA said, sometimes a hobby really is better when you have someone to share it with. "The couple that shoots together, stays together... and has interlocking fields of fire." lol

M Tatterscratch said:
QUESTION: If all you kids are single, and this is a Vintage-rich environment, why aren't you all falling for each other and running off after meeting on the internet like the rest of the Western World seems to be doing?
And that's the catch: location, location, location. And mobility--there are any number of lovely ladies here that I'd hop on a plane for if I knew I had a shot at them and they had an interest in me, but the ol' travel-budget is the killer...

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
M Tatterscratch said:
QUESTION: If all you kids are single, and this is a Vintage-rich environment, why aren't you all falling for each other and running off after meeting on the internet like the rest of the Western World seems to be doing?

Be brutally honest - Are the kind of people you're reeeeeaaalllllly looking for not on here? Who are they? What should they be like? Do vintage sex-kittens really want big-trousered tattooed thugs, and do smartly-waistcoated men-about-town secretly want bare-midriffed, dolphin-tattooed bints? It would look a bit odd, going down the street together...

T.

To answer both your questions:

1. I have a fantastic career that makes me want to stay here. Granted it pays next to nothing. Therefore Miss Pink isn't going anywhere. However, she gladly welcomes gentlemen who would like to travel to her. ;)

2. I'm not sure what you mean by big-trousered. I appreciate a well dressed man a la what we see here in the Lounge. However, I would appreciate that when those snappy clothes are removed there are some very nice looking tattoos under there (nothing turns me off more than poor done ink). I believe there are a great deal of gentlemen on here who fit the profile of what I want. Sadly said gentlemen are indisposed due to marriage or displaced by distance.

Does that answer your question?

Gentlemen who fit the above profile please feel free to PM me. ;)

Edward

Bartender
Pink Dahlia said:

Ha, alas I think I fall at just about every hurdle, bar requisite single status. The lack of ink on my body (for now) I expect you'd miss though, were you to catch me unclothed - I'm sure you'd be too busy marvelling in horror at the Marlowe corpse which, to be frank, has all the look of a pregnant twelve year old boy. lol

M Tatterscratch said:
What can I say? I'm flabbergasted. Edward, I think an Irish chap would be a smash in the States, and the Arizona ladies would have a full dance card in Chicago. Maybe you should examine your geographical options...

Ha, well. I can't see me relocating out of London, for very many reasons. I've recently made the decision that the single life is infinitely preferable to the myriad disappointments of (attempted) relationships for me and am aiming now at sticking to the simple life. :)

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
To answer both your questions:

1. I have a fantastic career that makes me want to stay here. Granted it pays next to nothing. Therefore Miss Pink isn't going anywhere. However, she gladly welcomes gentlemen who would like to travel to her. ;)

2. I'm not sure what you mean by big-trousered. I appreciate a well dressed man a la what we see here in the Lounge. However, I would appreciate that when those snappy clothes are removed there are some very nice looking tattoos under there (nothing turns me off more than poor done ink). I believe there are a great deal of gentlemen on here who fit the profile of what I want. Sadly said gentlemen are indisposed due to marriage or displaced by distance.

Does that answer your question?

1. Good call - A job you love, money or no, is like gold.

2. Big yo-boy trousers, inexpressibles blooming over the tops, huge Mickey Mouse sneaker-feet - You've seen the type, I'm sure.

I wonder what the overlap of tattoos and marriage on the FL is...?

Un-inked and Unlinked (both by choice),

T.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia said:

In that case ... after lunch with the prettiest Faythe on these boards, I may have to drive a couple hours south to take a certain Miss Pink to dinner. How about Greek? Grilled eggplant and ouzo? ;)

Richard

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Only if he ISN'T K-Fed! lol

I'm hanging out with the Federalike this weekend. I'll ask him if he wants a threesome with us. He'll say yes. ;)

I haven't seen him in years--so I looked at his Myspace, he is still very nice looking (even though he is now 29), in a scruffy sort of way. But he just got out of a relationship. :eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou