Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Society of Vagabonds"

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Tango Yankee said:
knoxvagabondoffwhite2s.jpg

I'll have to come up with an appropriate outfit to wear it with someday.

If you changed the cream ribbon for a black one (in the same type of fabric, width, and bow shape), the hat would become much more wearable for you. See my avatar for reference.

Worth a try? :)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Wow, thanks! Actually, I think that Tango Yankee's is identical to mine, except that his has a teardrop bash ... which lowers the crown's height. Mine has a center crease, which leaves the crown taller.

In my PC, yours looks almost white, Tom's looks silvery...[huh]
I want yours:eek: :D :p

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
If you changed the cream ribbon for a black one (in the same type of fabric, width, and bow shape), the hat would become much more wearable for you. See my avatar for reference.

Worth a try? :)

Indeed it is, Marc! Might be interesting to try it with a dark brown ribbon as well, but black would instantly allow it to be paired with my various shades of gray sport coats, I think.

Cheers,
Tom

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
New-to-me Vagabonds...

It's been a while since this thread got a bump. So for my coming birthday my lovely wife, even knowing that I had said I won't be buying more hats, decided to surprise me and win these 2 for me. She knows that since the first one she found for me in a dumpster, I fell in love with this hats. These Vagabonds are in very good shape, specially the brown one but both have their sweatbands in precarious shape. They were advertised as 7 3/8 but I only needed to shrink them 1/2 a size for them to fit me. These pair plus a VS I ordered in January before my decision (and I made my wife promise too) are the last hats I'll get.

31.jpg

32.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg
IMG_0721.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Nice Vagabonds Aurelino, the brown looks as if it has a lower crown.
What are the specs on the two?
Good eye, Rusty!
the grey one has 5 inches at the front, highest point with its current crease. The brown one 4 1/4 with current crease. The gray one is so light it almost feels like paper.
much more so than my other gray and a different shade too. I'll post picture for comparison later as the old ones got deleted when I screwed up my photobucket account.

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Nice Family Portrait like how the bow on the brown hat is off center and towards the rear of the hat. Looks like the dove hat on the bottom of the stack is the same way. Those sweatband look like they would not last long if worn alot.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Nice Family Portrait like how the bow on the brown hat is off center and towards the rear of the hat. Looks like the dove hat on the bottom of the stack is the same way. Those sweatband look like they would not last long if worn alot.

Thanks! The three of them have the bow like that, a bit toward the back of the hat. Yeah, the sweatbands might need to be replaced at some point... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80